Contribute
Register

Stuck at Attempting System Restart... MACH Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > ACPI Patching > Tables dropping > Drop MATS or BGRT

thank you for replying. in the Tables dropping menu i have no MATS just a BGRT, i have checked it and booting with -v and with combinations of -x -f. there was no luck, it still shows Attempting system restart.. MACH Reboot.
Do you have any idea about that?
Thanks again for suggestion
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

Finally I found the solution, and I wanted to post it in case anyone else had the same problem. I needed to delete FakeSMC.kext from System/Library/Extensions. I don’t know how it got there in the first place but that was all it took to fix something that nearly drove me insane!

Thanks for posting! I had the exact same issue and only found the other solutions posted. This FINALLY fixed the issue. This was driving me mad too.

Thanks for posting! I had the exact same issue and only found the other solutions posted. This FINALLY fixed the issue. This was driving me mad too.
May I ask you how you solved it in another way?
Thanks Advance!

May I ask you how you solved it in another way?
Thanks Advance!

Open Finder, then go to /System/Library/Extensions (Go > Go to location, it's in the menubar). Once you are there, delete FakeSMC.kext. Always have a backup a

By the way, I already tried everything in this thread with no luck. Drop tables, copying kexts to /Other and /10.13.2, and nothing has worked so far. My setup is using a nvidia card so I don't know if that could be causing the problem. nv_disable=1 should do the trick, but surprisingly it doesn't.
Feels bad man.

Open Finder, then go to /System/Library/Extensions (Go > Go to location, it's in the menubar). Once you are there, delete FakeSMC.kext. Always have a backup a

By the way, I already tried everything in this thread with no luck. Drop tables, copying kexts to /Other and /10.13.2, and nothing has worked so far. My setup is using a nvidia card so I don't know if that could be causing the problem. nv_disable=1 should do the trick, but surprisingly it doesn't.
Feels bad man.
Thanks for your kind reply, I've also tried a lot of ways, nothing has worked actually,Maybe that's the pleasure of what others say .It's just that I'm going crazy. : )

Thank you very much, yours is the REAL solution!!

I have been struggling with this MACH Reboot error for a few days, and it was super frustrating. I tried literally everything recommended in this thread and others, and even re-installed OS X. I could boot to Recovery mode and into my USB installer but that was it. I could not boot to my main partition using the USB installer.

Finally I found the solution, and I wanted to post it in case anyone else had the same problem. I needed to delete FakeSMC.kext from System/Library/Extensions. I don’t know how it got there in the first place but that was all it took to fix something that nearly drove me insane!

I just got this resolved on my primary Hack. i7 3770K z77x-UD5H board. In Clover I just clicked on Clover boot options, went into drop tables and checked off the MATS options. I returned and hit enter. Finally got to the installer and installed properly. It did restart a few times to complete the install but I needed to do the same Clover...MATS option again. Once it finalized and did the complete update and downloaded the most current Clover editor and edited my Config.plist.

Good Luck!
Thank you so much! this just got my installer running on
GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back