I7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia gforce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
I have an hackintosh with asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA MB, Skylake processor and nvidia gforce 960 video card. Everything was fine for months but suddenly i could not start the system anymore. I am stuck at apple logo with progressive bar to zero. I try to start with my back up hard drive but it was the same.
So I decide to try to reinstall OS High Sierra with a USB key.
I download unibeast and following again the instruction on this site I prepared the USB key.
I start with USB and when I select install High sierra I got the same result.
What did it happen?
I check the BIOS and everything was fine exept that in USB management it do not appear XHCI hand off enable disable option.
Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
@Blasterix, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Thank you, I will do it when I am back home next week and i will post the screenshot.

View attachment 299359 View attachment 299360 View attachment 299361 View attachment 299362 View attachment 299363 View attachment 299359 View attachment 299360 View attachment 299361 View attachment 299362 View attachment 299363
@Blasterix, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Last edited:
Hi, is there some news about it? I would really appreciate. Thank you

Still waiting.......

I found the solution here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...og-maximus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-980.197284/
It was a bios problem. The new bios changed and did not have again the option XHCI Hand off unable/disable, but a new keyboard and mouse simulation option to disable in USB configuration.
Then after I could start again Mac OS Sierra but the NVidia drivers could not be loaded. In the same post I found the solution.
I have to update the bootloader and select UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM. I did it but still I could not make the drivers work so I reinstall on another HD MAC OS Sierra with the new configuration and it worked. So I just clone the EFI folder in the UEFI partition of my new system into the UEFI partition of my old system and magically everything worked. Now I even update to OSX High Sierra with the instruction on this forum: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ and my hackintosh work perfectly!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back