Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370n Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
I followed the guidelines on the "Buyer's Guide" page and ordered all the recommended gear. Now trying to install High Sierra so that I can use my GPU. I used the following guide for setting up UEFI/BIOS: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/recommended-bios-uefi-settings-for-beginners.130920/ . So all I did in UEFI was to select "Optimized defaults" and then disabling VT-d. According to the guide this is all that should be done.

I was able to boot with my Unibeast USB and clicked on High Sierra. But then I got stuck at the Apple logo. I have been stuck here for over an hour now while my internal fans are blowing 100%. What should I do and why is this happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 00.19.27.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 00.19.27.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 34
I'm not sure how to do that. Looking for guides on it now.

EDIT: I found a video guide on youtube using the same motherboard as me (Z370N Wifi). I now managed to get to the installer. Trying to erase my hard drive however but that isn't working. Says "Erase process has failed. Couldn't modify partition map". Any ideas?

Last edited:
I eventually figured it out. My next error was that it wouldn't allow me to install because the installer was "damaged". Figured because it was an old version (13.1.4), I downloaded the latest High Sierra (13.6.4). But I then started getting a "prohibited"-sign or stop sign symbol as I was booting into the installer.

IMG_20191116_024037.jpg

I figured out how to boot in verbose mode and this is what it says:

IMG_20191116_025752.jpg

I wonder what my next step is. Now I'm really stuck. Been reading about other people being adviced to use a USB 2.0 stick instead of 3/3.1. But since I managed to boot into the installer with the old version of High Sierra I wonder why it wouldn't work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back