EVGA GTX650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Solved] Stuck at Apple Logo Screen

Hello all! I have a system that has been successfully running SL for quite a while now. I would like to upgrade to Lion but when I attempt to boot off the USB drive it hangs on the Apple screen before the installation. I've tried some of the bootflags that I found but with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Intel i5-760
MSI P55-GD65
MSI N210-MD512

----------------------------------------------

I upgraded to a new graphics card, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti, and booted with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 and was able to successfully install Lion.

Try booting with -x

If that doesn't work, boot with -v and when the text hangs, take a picture and post it.

I tried those with no luck and I didn't see any error when I booted in verbose. I'll post a picture anyway though.

Here are some pictures; I did notice an error while looking at it this time.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    722.4 KB · Views: 21,172
  • End.jpg
    End.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 5,544
I tried that boot flag and it got me from the logo screen before the spinning circle to the logo screen where the circle spins forever. Here is a picture of the new place where it hangs up.

Attachments

• End.jpg
    End.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 944
I tried that boot flag and it got me from the logo screen before the spinning circle to the logo screen where the circle spins forever. Here is a picture of the new place where it hangs up.

How long did you try to watch it spin? The first time my computer booted up, it was stuck at that for a few minutes. It might just be an issue of patience. If not, give us your method of installation+guide?

It was more than a few minutes. I waited 5+ most of the times I tried. I'm using the Unibeast method. I have Lion downloaded from the app store, I make the USB drive, boot off the drive, and then it hangs. That has been my method so far. Do I need the Legacy Support when I make the drive?

It was more than a few minutes. I waited 5+ most of the times I tried. I'm using the Unibeast method. I have Lion downloaded from the app store, I make the USB drive, boot off the drive, and then it hangs. That has been my method so far. Do I need the Legacy Support when I make the drive?

I don't think you need it, you could try installing Bridgehelper 5.0.0 to the flash drive? Also make sure you're choosing USB HDD instead of Hard Drive. If that doesn't work, you could try booting off of the USB as a Hard drive.

I managed to fix my problem and succeed install by using Unibeast version 1.2.0 to make my LION USB Installer. Have a fresh stable install running now.

I tried that and it got me to the same spot. I'll give Bridgehelper a shot next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back