Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gygabyte x99 designare
CPU
i7-6800
Graphics
gtx 980ti
for Hackintosh Build: Gigabyte x-99 Designare - i76800, samsung 850 SSD, EVGA Nvida gtx 980 ti

I am a newby to Mac, have built PCs for decades. so please excuse my ignorance of the mac. My usb boots fine but when I try to install Mac OS sierra, the operation halts at the Mac Logo.

Have tried safe mode, no change, fidled with some other options and most went to a stop screen, the O with across thru it.

did some research on your great site, and found the new enable NVIDA web patch for the clover install, but still get only as far as the apple logo.

In some other reading could not zero in on any obvious things to try. I would greatly appreciate any inputs or suggestions.

One thing I did see, that relates to Multibeast, not unibeast or clover, is that the mac os is selective to the machine type, ie: mac mini, mac pro, macbook pro, etc. I am building a Hackintosh desktop (pro?) but I bought a cheap mac mini to get familiar with the system before i decided to do the build and used that mac mini to download Sierra. I was wondering if it is possible I dont have the right mac os version for a pro since i downloaded on the mini. Just reading and wondering what to try next.

I tried to post this in the install section but was denied access to that, probably because I am new. Hope the moderators will move it to the appropriate forum.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

for Hackintosh Build: Gigabyte x-99 Designare - i76800, samsung 850 SSD, EVGA Nvida gtx 980 ti

I am a newby to Mac, have built PCs for decades. so please excuse my ignorance of the mac. My usb boots fine but when I try to install Mac OS sierra, the operation halts at the Mac Logo.

Have tried safe mode, no change, fidled with some other options and most went to a stop screen, the O with across thru it.

did some research on your great site, and found the new enable NVIDA web patch for the clover install, but still get only as far as the apple logo.

In some other reading could not zero in on any obvious things to try. I would greatly appreciate any inputs or suggestions.

One thing I did see, that relates to Multibeast, not unibeast or clover, is that the mac os is selective to the machine type, ie: mac mini, mac pro, macbook pro, etc. I am building a Hackintosh desktop (pro?) but I bought a cheap mac mini to get familiar with the system before i decided to do the build and used that mac mini to download Sierra. I was wondering if it is possible I dont have the right mac os version for a pro since i downloaded on the mini. Just reading and wondering what to try next.

I tried to post this in the install section but was denied access to that, probably because I am new. Hope the moderators will move it to the appropriate forum.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

My usb boots fine but when I try to install Mac OS sierra, the operation halts at the Mac Logo.

If you were able to "boot fine" to the Installation screen with your Sierra USB installer and yet unable to install Sierra on the Hard Disk , one of the first things to reconsider is whether or not you had missed to select the correct format "Mac OS Extended (Journaled) to format the disk that was partitioned in GUID using disk utility.

To help readers understand the problem better to help you, you need to boot in verbose mode with the Clover Boot Flag -v and upload to the Forum an image of the boot screen on which you made a decision that there is a problem and need to post for help.

If you were able to "boot fine" to the Installation screen with your Sierra USB installer and yet unable to install Sierra on the Hard Disk , one of the first things to reconsider is whether or not you had missed to select the correct format "Mac OS Extended (Journaled) to format the disk that was partitioned in GUID using disk utility.

To help readers understand the problem better to help you, you need to boot in verbose mode with the Clover Boot Flag -v and upload to the Forum an image of the boot screen on which you made a decision that there is a problem and need to post for help.

thanks for your fast reply. Yes i did use the Mac os extended journal when I formatted the usb. I will make another just to be sure, here is the screen shot when I just used verbose mode setting before trying to load the mac os software.

Have not idea what it is saying but dont know what to look for.

would value any further directions to try to resolve this.

Attachments

• 20161031_164944.jpg
    20161031_164944.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,965
here is some more information. I set verbose mode and safe mode and tried again and got a more informative message that I hope gives more information that leads to a solution.

it is now going to the failed logo and not the apple logo, not sure why it did not mess with the bios settings.

Attachments

• 20161031_172614.jpg
    20161031_172614.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,428
This time I understood you as stating that you have created a USB Installer disk after partitioning and formatting it in a Mac or Hackintosh System's Disk Utility appropriately using GUID partition scheme and Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Format option and then used Unibeast 7.01 to create the Sierra Installer.

• Not sure if you chose UEFI or Legacy Boot Mode for this Installer as you have not mentioned that in your narrative.

• Also not sure from your post whether you have copied the Multibeast 9.01 on to the newly created USB Installer to make it bootable using Clover (from Multibeast), required Kexts (depending up on your Motherboard) and the System Definition or Mac Model, the recommended one being iMac 14.2 as one most likely to encounter least booting and installation issues.

Since a successful booting of the Sierra USB installer depends very much on its proper creation as per the Guide using Unibeast 7.01, that is usually the first hurdle.

The next hurdle is the choice of appropriate BIOS settings for each type of Motherboard as the GUIDE has stated with some examples. This choice must be tuned to the Boot mode [Legacy vs UEFI] of the created Sierra USB installer.
  • Your post does not mention about your choice of the Boot Mode and
  • other important BIOS Options.

With the above steps correctly done , you should be able to reach Clover Boot Screen with your Sierra USB Installer.

To boot and reach the Installer screen with this USB Installer , you need to give the appropriate "Boot Flags" which depends on the Graphic card you are using as most of them are not 'natively supported" by Mac and hence needs all the help it can get for the safe journey. One 'mandatory' boot flag for most newcomers to Mac is -v or verbose boot flag which gives. a text based screen which is helpful to recognize problem if any is encountered on the way.
  • The list of Boot flags chosen will be helpful.
  • A good screen image uploaded to the Forum can help you to get quick assistance from a lot of people willing to assist.

I guess now that your problem is with this Sierra USB Installer not booting and reaching the Installation screen to access Utility>Disk Utility to prepare your Hard disk with appropriate GUID Partitioning and Formatting using Mac OS Extended (Journaled)exactly the same way you prepared the USB Flash drive. It is only after that you can click next to Agree to Apple Licensing and then pick the freshly formatted Hard disk or its designated partition to Install Sierra on it.

The image you have posted does not give much clue yet.
  • What happened after the image? Did the computer freeze, reboot or just shut down?

If you can provide the information that is lacking in your post regarding the Installer, BIOS option and chosen boot flags, we can help.

thank for this thoughtful reply. I think it will help any newby. to answer most of your questions i followed the instruction in this guide explicitly:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

yes, i get to the clover screen but no further. the process seems to hang, upon selecting install macOS (the apple logo appears and never goes away) i read somewhere the process may take a while to start so I left it on and went to a movie and it was still on when I returned, so I call that a process hang. see the two screen shots with the -v option.

I followed the bios instructions in that guide, but there were some items that were not available on my bios

Loaded Optimized defaults
disabled VT-d
there was no setting to disable CFG-LOCK
Also no setting to disable secure boot mode
set os as Other OS
no serial ports on my board, so no settings in bios
XHCI handoff Enabled
my system has no usb2, only usb3 or higher ie: 3.1

I chose UEFI boot mode

the only boot flag i had set originally was nvida to vesa, when that did not work i read to change the code in clover to access the nvida as written here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

Code (Text): changes to code in red
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</di

I would be happy to do any tests or create new usb to get this going. Thanks for all your help and inputs

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. That looks like a great and current link.

One question though If I may? I did some research before and found lots of suggestions, but was reluctant to do any because most of the inputs were for el cap os and were posted earlier than the latest versions of clover and unibeast. I thought they may already be included in the newer revisions and that uncertainty stopped me from trying them. I did not want to get into a dog chasing it tail scenario.

How do I determine if a possible solutions posted prior to the latest version is still relevant and should be tried? sorry this may be a dumb, newby question.

Thanks again for your inputs and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back