Contribute
Register

Stuck at Apple logo/empty progress bar -

Status
Not open for further replies.
While in the installer did you format your SSD?

*sigh* Rookie mistake, forgot about checking to see if that option menu item was available.
I will definitely bootup and check again.

UniBeast created installer USB thumb drive has worked on your motherboard/processor/graphic card before, and you should need someone else's EFI folder, either. From where did you download El Capitan?

The App Store via my iMac.

Currently attempting to follow the aforementioned guide, but am running into issues with Multibeast.

This part was easy...

7. If this is a fresh installation, click Quick Start. UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9+ Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems.

Selecting audio was OK - since I am following the recommendation of someone who has the same motherboard - and they used the VoodooHDA 2.8.8.V3 driver.
I installed the VoodooHDA package and selected it as the audio option.

. Choose the appropriate audio and network options for your system:

The network option I skipped, since the chipset used on the Gaming 5 MB wasn't an option.
"Rivet Networks Killer E2400/E2201 LAN.."

Now, there WAS an Atheros E2200 option - but I wasn't sure if that was simply a naming co-incidence or not.. I skipped the network.

Long story short, what I ended up with didn't boot.

So - I'm back to booting off the USB - which boots fine, albeit w/out the options I'd like.

I DID install the alternative NVidia Graphics drivers, but since I can't get my custom boot loader to work - I can't specify nvda_drv=1 as directed...

I think what I need to do is copy the EFI configs I am using on the USB drive to the SSD's EFI directory/partition/? - then I can see if the NVidia driver works...

I have copied the contents of my USB drive's EFI directory to my EFI partition on my Hackintosh SSD.
Now, the Hackintosh is able to boot directly off of the SSD.

I loaded the config.plist into clover configurator.
I unchecked the original boot flag "nv_disable=1" and checked "nvda_drv=1"

I made no other changes.

Exited out of clover configurator - and saved the updated config.plist

After rebooting, instead of getting the Apple logo and the progress bar, now my monitor goes to sleep.
I have no idea if the monitor can't handle the resolution the card is now using, if the card is putting out a signal at all etc.

I do have the Nvdia Web driver installed, however, the Nvidia app is currently set to the default OS X support - so the the web driver shouldn't be active.

Also, while experimenting with this - I ended up with multiple EFI boot selections for my SSD - how can I clean these out?

Attachments

• IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 88
I have copied the contents of my USB drive's EFI directory to my EFI partition on my Hackintosh SSD.
Now, the Hackintosh is able to boot directly off of the SSD.

I loaded the config.plist into clover configurator.
I unchecked the original boot flag "nv_disable=1" and checked "nvda_drv=1"

I made no other changes.

Exited out of clover configurator - and saved the updated config.plist

After rebooting, instead of getting the Apple logo and the progress bar, now my monitor goes to sleep.
I have no idea if the monitor can't handle the resolution the card is now using, if the card is putting out a signal at all etc.

I do have the Nvdia Web driver installed, however, the Nvidia app is currently set to the default OS X support - so the the web driver shouldn't be active.

Also, while experimenting with this - I ended up with multiple EFI boot selections for my SSD - how can I clean these out?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Sometimes you have to enable the driver in OS X then enable it in your config.plist, it sometimes happens.

I think I had that problem after updating the nVidia WebDriver. You may want to boot from USB, un-install the WebDriver, then install a different version. I distinctly remember it because I turned off the nVidia webdriver update notification after the 'f02' (I can't remember if it was the 15f02 version) caused the backouts.

Attachments

• IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
And... of course it isn't.

I'm trying to muddle my way through this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/#post886744

But I'm currently stalled at right at the beginning:
"Audio codec/ALC Injection? audio_codecdetect.command.zip (Select View Raw, double click)"

Downloaded the shell script - ran it - says no codec was found. Verified it's enabled in the BIOS settings.

After reading further, I *DID* have my speakers plugged in at the time I ran the shell script - since I didn't see any instructions saying NOT to do that.

I'm referring to THIS post in the other very lengthy guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/n...c-applehda-guide.143752/page-192#post-1300145

I figured I'd try the shorter guide first before wading through that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back