Contribute
Register

Stuck at apple load screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched to OsxAptioFixDrv and it solved the first problem
Added argument slide=0
Enabled Above 4G memory/crypto mining
After that I tried all of the USB2.0 ports(even switched FrontUSB1 to FrontUSB2)
and none of them works.

But there is a particular USB3.0 port named "VR Ready"
I am able to boot the installer successfully with this port :D

but my keyboard does not working on the setup screen neither the mouse
So now that its booting to the installer are there any settings or kexts that should be added or removed in order to fix keyboard and mouse and other possible problems?
I will also update the BIOS to v13 and test this again (because there is no xmp in this version)
Attached is a modified CLOVER.zip with the following changes:
  • Your USB port limit patch was incorrect for 10.14.1+ so the correct patch has been applied.
  • Deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VooDoo(whatever).kext
  • Checked on some ACPI flags in config.plist.
Because this is just the CLOVER folder, simply backup your existing CLOVER directory (be sure to mount the EFI partition) and replace it with this one.

Let's see if this fixes your keyboard and other USB-related problems.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 72
Attached is a modified CLOVER.zip with the following changes:
  • Your USB port limit patch was incorrect for 10.14.1+ so the correct patch has been applied.
  • Deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VooDoo(whatever).kext
  • Checked on some ACPI flags in config.plist.
Because this is just the CLOVER folder, simply backup your existing CLOVER directory (be sure to mount the EFI partition) and replace it with this one.

Let's see if this fixes your keyboard and other USB-related problems.
I replaced entire Clover folder with yours but the option "Boot macos installer" was missing
So I modified my own Clover folder by removing the kexts you said and replacing the plist file
It booted up but still no keyboard nor mouse!

I replaced entire Clover folder with yours but the option "Boot macos installer" was missing
So I modified my own Clover folder by removing the kexts you said and replacing the plist file
It booted up but still no keyboard nor mouse!
Two suggestions:
  1. Attached is a modified config.plist. Please try this first.
  2. If still no USB keyboard/mouse at the MacOS Installer, try removing both USBInjectAll and XHCI-Unsupported from the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 113
Two suggestions:
  1. Attached is a modified config.plist. Please try this first.
  2. If still no USB keyboard/mouse at the MacOS Installer, try removing both USBInjectAll and XHCI-Unsupported from the CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
I tried both and none worked for me:roll2:

I tried both and none worked for me:roll2:
What make and model of USB keyboard and USB mouse are you using?

Also double check your BIOS settings regarding XHCI-Handoff, which should be Enabled. XHCI is the USB controller.

What make and model of USB keyboard and USB mouse are you using?

Also double check your BIOS settings regarding XHCI-Handoff, which should be Enabled. XHCI is the USB controller.
TSCO-fk568(made in china) keyboard and the mouse is something like this too(both of them are almost 9 years old!)
Both of them work fine when it comes to windows or even Linux.But none lit up in OSX
The problem is when macos installer boots up all of the ports except the one mentioned in earlier posts stop working.
I ll try using a usb hub and connect the installer drive and keyboard and mouse to it(so I can use that particular USB port)
Oh I forgot to say: The keyboard was actually PS2 but I have changed the connector to USB

Last edited:
TSCO-fk568(made in china) keyboard and the mouse is something like this too(both of them are almost 9 years old!)
Both of them work fine when it comes to windows or even Linux.But none lit up in OSX
The problem is when macos installer boots up all of the ports except the one mentioned in earlier posts stop working.
I ll try using a usb hub and connect the installer drive and keyboard and mouse to it(so I can use that particular USB port)
Oh I forgot to say: The keyboard was actually PS2 but I have changed the connector to USB
  • Every Hardware or Software change we make must be based on some logical reason.
  • If you add or remove a hardware from an existing system it may affect how the Motherboard Firmware (BIOS) and the CMOS configurations we have previously set adjust themselves to the new hardware environment. BIOS changes that occur would affect how CLOVER and config.plist see the device drivers.

• If you make multiple changes at one time , this can get real messy, and you won't know how to steer the wavering installer disk and make the right course correction toward its destination screen.
  • The loss of USB keyboard function seems to have happened after the current BIOS update followed by multiple CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other changes as can be seen by the several threads prior to the latest.
Example: on thread #37
I booted the installer (with EmuVariableUEFI and set to iMac18,1)
there is clearly some progress BUT :D
Sometimes I get allocation error(pic 1)
And it gets stuck on some new lines(pic 2)

• In that the first Allocation error if an isolated one, DOES NOT require any change to the system but a reboot. If it recurs even with reboot, then there is enough reason to suspect a problem with Memory Mapping and needs a fix like changing the "AptioFix" to another EFI .
  • If a simple reboot fixes , then it is a transient RAM related issue that gets fixed with that reboot and any changes made to the drivers64UEFI will come back to bite the system later.

• Your image #2 indicates an "Impending USB port Problem". If the verbose boot is continued to be recorded, this impending USB port problem becomes an established crash with "garbled text and Prohibited Entry Sign error".
This requires a look into the BIOS peripherals to verify if any USB controllers got disabled or forgotten to be Enabled after BIOS Downgrade.
If BIOS looks OK, the CLOVER kexts/Other and config.plist should be checked .

The immediately next post says
Meanwhile I tried removing XHCI-Unsupported (result => pic 1) and replacing it with XHCI-200-series-injector.kext (pic 2)
and turning off XHCI handoff (pic 3)
Sorry I forgot to upload the pictures :D

That was the wrong treatment . The XHCIUnsupported kext had been the replacement kext for many 200 and 300 series . Your Motherboard is H370 series and it is a 300 Series . I don't think it was one of those containing an Intel 200 Series Chip wrongly marketed as 300 Series.

Making Random "trial and error fixes" will suck the system into a deeper whirlpool from which an exit plan is not easy to make.

Since you are not making any progress , I suggest uploading your BIOS screen shots and the current CLOVER before proceeding.

• Every Hardware or Software change we make must be based on some logical reason.
  • If you add or remove a hardware from an existing system it may affect how the Motherboard Firmware (BIOS) and the CMOS configurations we have previously set adjust themselves to the new hardware environment. BIOS changes that occur would affect how CLOVER and config.plist see the device drivers.

• If you make multiple changes at one time , this can get real messy, and you won't know how to steer the wavering installer disk and make the right course correction toward its destination screen.
  • The loss of USB keyboard function seems to have happened after the current BIOS update followed by multiple CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other changes as can be seen by the several threads prior to the latest.
Example: on thread #37

• In that the first Allocation error if an isolated one, DOES NOT require any change to the system but a reboot. If it recurs even with reboot, then there is enough reason to suspect a problem with Memory Mapping and needs a fix like changing the "AptioFix" to another EFI .
  • If a simple reboot fixes , then it is a transient RAM related issue that gets fixed with that reboot and any changes made to the drivers64UEFI will come back to bite the system later.

• Your image #2 indicates an "Impending USB port Problem". If the verbose boot is continued to be recorded, this impending USB port problem becomes an established crash with "garbled text and Prohibited Entry Sign error".
This requires a look into the BIOS peripherals to verify if any USB controllers got disabled or forgotten to be Enabled after BIOS Downgrade.
If BIOS looks OK, the CLOVER kexts/Other and config.plist should be checked .

The immediately next post says

That was the wrong treatment . The XHCIUnsupported kext had been the replacement kext for many 200 and 300 series . Your Motherboard is H370 series and it is a 300 Series . I don't think it was one of those containing an Intel 200 Series Chip wrongly marketed as 300 Series.

Making Random "trial and error fixes" will suck the system into a deeper whirlpool from which an exit plan is not easy to make.

Since you are not making any progress , I suggest uploading your BIOS screen shots and the current CLOVER before proceeding.
I know after downgrading the BIOS everything goes back to default so I reconfigured it again.(screenshots attached)
The allocation error usually appears 3 times in a row (sometimes 4) after that it boots the installer(sometimes it doesn't) but after replacing the aptiofix it never appeared again(not even once)
A simple reboot doesn't fix that problem most of the times

Using another USB port I was able to load the installer successfully but without functional keyboard or mouse (they did work on clover screen though)
I am pretty sure that I have tried that USB port before downgrading BIOS and it wasn't working back then.
Most of the BIOS settings are same as before except "Above 4G memory/Crypto mining" which I enabled after
CaseySJ's suggestion

Also I was searching in this forum and I found a guy with my motherboard who claimed to have fixed USB problem with replacing XHCI-Unsupported with XHCI200.I did try it and it didn't work so I replaced the it with the default Unsupported one.
Attached is the EFI folder currently in use and Bios screenshots and SMBIOS page.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 72
  • DSC07667.JPG
    DSC07667.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 49
  • BIOS_PCISettings.jpg
    BIOS_PCISettings.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 47
  • BIOS_IGD.jpg
    BIOS_IGD.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 54
  • BIOS_Peripherals.jpg
    BIOS_Peripherals.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 43
  • BIOS_Power.jpg
    BIOS_Power.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 47
  • BIOS_USB.jpg
    BIOS_USB.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 42
  • BIOS_OS.jpg
    BIOS_OS.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 74
  • BIOS_OS.jpg
    BIOS_OS.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 48
  • BIOS_WakeUp.jpg
    BIOS_WakeUp.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 47
  • BIOS_CPUFeatures.jpg
    BIOS_CPUFeatures.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 44
I know after downgrading the BIOS everything goes back to default so I reconfigured it again.(screenshots attached)
The allocation error usually appears 3 times in a row (sometimes 4) after that it boots the installer(sometimes it doesn't) but after replacing the aptiofix it never appeared again(not even once)
A simple reboot doesn't fix that problem most of the times

Using another USB port I was able to load the installer successfully but without functional keyboard or mouse (they did work on clover screen though)
I am pretty sure that I have tried that USB port before downgrading BIOS and it wasn't working back then.
Most of the BIOS settings are same as before except "Above 4G memory/Crypto mining" which I enabled after
CaseySJ's suggestion

Also I was searching in this forum and I found a guy with my motherboard who claimed to have fixed USB problem with replacing XHCI-Unsupported with XHCI200.I did try it and it didn't work so I replaced the it with the default Unsupported one.
Attached is the EFI folder currently in use and Bios screenshots and SMBIOS page.
Your idea to connect a USB Hub to the one known good port is actually a great idea. Have you tried it yet?

Your idea to connect a USB Hub to the one known good port is actually a great idea. Have you tried it yet?
No I still dont have a USB hub.I ll test it as soon as I get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back