Contribute
Register

Stuck at apple load screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I would listen to cmn699. He/she knows what's going on a lot better than most others on this forum.

• Since you had shut down the PC and Removed disks from the MoBo and connected only 1 SATA disk to Port 0 and there is only the USB Installer disk on USB port, there is a chance your CMOS settings could have changed.
  • I want you to take another look at BIOS , to make sure it has not changed from the one we have kept to boot maCOS using Intel HD Graphics with your USB Installer as First Boot Device.
  • I also want you now to put back the EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi back inside the drivers64UEFI folder .
  • Reboot and at CBM screen, go to Options>SMBIOS and take a Photo of that screen (to upload what it is showing now).
  • Change the SMBIOS Product Model: to iMac18,1 and take another Photo (to upload)
  • Reboot the System Disk in Verbose to see if it can boot without freeze.
OK I double checked Bios.no changes there.
I added EmuVariable to drivers64UEFI folder.
Also tried changing model to iMac18.1:
Here are the pictures

Attachments

• iMac14,2.JPG
    iMac14,2.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 79
  • iMac14,2Verbose.JPG
    iMac14,2Verbose.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 81
  • iMac18,1.JPG
    iMac18,1.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 82
  • iMac18,1Verbose.JPG
    iMac18,1Verbose.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 93
One more thing, try downgrading your BIOS from your MoBo manufacturer website. I had this problem with my Gigabyte board after I updated the BIOS. I reverted back and poof, it was gone.. Worth a shot.
Well I have updated the BIOS recently.
Actually its the latest version.
I dont know if this causes the boot loops but here are the things they have changed(improved) in last version

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 62
Well I have updated the BIOS recently.
Actually its the latest version.
I dont know if this causes the boot loops but here are the things they have changed(improved) in last version
Since your CPU is i5-8400 and not the latest 9th Generation, I would suggest trying to go back to its prior BIOS Version.Your problem seems to be related to Graphics and the BIOS update may have something to do with that CPU associated Graphics. Without this new information from you I could not suggest this trial.

Reactions: JhN
Since your CPU is i5-8400 and not the latest 9th Generation, I would suggest trying to go back to its prior BIOS Version.Your problem seems to be related to Graphics and the BIOS update may have something to do with that CPU associated Graphics. Without this new information from you I could not suggest this trial.
Which version should I downgrade to?
Here is the link to the website:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H370M-BAZOOKA

Which version should I downgrade to?
Here is the link to the website:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H370M-BAZOOKA
  • I don't have any MSI Board to recommend any particular version based on personal experience.
  • Version 7B24v12Release Date 2018-05-28 File Size 7.77 MB looks like a good Version because it is supposed to
- Fix TPM issue.
- Improve USB compatibility.
- Modify Optane setting.
- Update Intel Micro code for security vulnerabilities

• I don't have any MSI Board to recommend any particular version based on personal experience.

• Version 7B24v12Release Date 2018-05-28 File Size 7.77 MB looks like a good Version because it is supposed to
- Fix TPM issue.
- Improve USB compatibility.
- Modify Optane setting.
- Update Intel Micro code for security vulnerabilities
So I downgraded BIOS to the version you suggested (And XMP function stopped working! I would like to try v13 later if this version works)
I booted the installer (with EmuVariableUEFI and set to iMac18,1)
there is clearly some progress BUT :D
Sometimes I get allocation error(pic 1)
And it gets stuck on some new lines(pic 2)
I let the installer sit for a while Because the last line said it was waiting for something
and after 2 minutes pic 3 appears on my screen
On this BIOS version I tested with and without the NVMe (and the other HDD) the result are the same all the time

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 65
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 73
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 66
Meanwhile I tried removing XHCI-Unsupported (result => pic 1) and replacing it with XHCI-200-series-injector.kext (pic 2)
and turning off XHCI handoff (pic 3)
Sorry I forgot to upload the pictures :D

Attachments

• DSC07657.JPG
    DSC07657.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 57
  • DSC07658.JPG
    DSC07658.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 58
  • DSC07659.JPG
    DSC07659.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
  • Screenshot 1: "Error Allocating Runtime" area is usually resolved by using a different Aptio Memory Fix driver such as:
    • AptioMemoryFix-64
    • OsxAptioFixDrv
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv
    • OsxAptioFix3Drv
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
    • Only 1 of the above drivers can be used at a time; never use more than one of the above.
    • You should also try using "slide=0" from Boot Arguments of config.plist in combination with the above memory fix drivers.
    • On the Designare Z390 motherboard from Gigabyte, for example, we must use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 in combination with slide=0.
    • If your BIOS has option for "Above 4G Decoding" try enabling that.
  • Screenshot 3: The error message at the bottom is "Still waiting for root device". This means that your USB Flash disk might be on a USB 3.0 port and that port get disabled when Mojave loads up. So move the USB install disk to a black USB 2.0 port instead of a blue USB 3.0 port. If you have multiple black USB 2.0 ports, randomly pick one. If the problem persists, move USB disk to another USB 2.0 port. One of the ports will work.
Regarding USBInjectAll and XHCI-Unsupported:
  • You should keep both of these kexts.
  • XHCI-Unsupported supersedes XHCI-200-series-injector, so we should avoid XHCI-200-series-injector.
  • XHCI Handoff should be enabled in BIOS.

Last edited:
  • Screenshot 1: "Error Allocating Runtime" area is usually resolved by using a different Patio Memory Fix driver such as:
    • AptioMemoryFix-64
    • OsxAptioFixDrv
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv
    • OsxAptioFix3Drv
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000
    • Only 1 of the above drivers can be used at a time; never use more than one of the above.
    • You should also try using "slide=0" from Boot Arguments of config.plist in combination with the above memory fix drivers.
    • On the Designare Z390 motherboard from Gigabyte, for example, we must use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 in combination with slide=0.
    • If your BIOS has option for "Above 4G Decoding" try enabling that.
  • Screenshot 3: The error message at the bottom is "Still waiting for root device". This means that your USB Flash disk might be on a USB 3.0 port and that port get disabled when Mojave loads up. So move the USB install disk to a black USB 2.0 port instead of a blue USB 3.0 port. If you have multiple black USB 2.0 ports, randomly pick one. If the problem persists, move USB disk to another USB 2.0 port. One of the ports will work.
Regarding USBInjectAll and XHCI-Unsupported:
  • You should keep both of these kexts.
  • XHCI-Unsupported supersedes XHCI-200-series-injector, so we should avoid XHCI-200-series-injector.
  • XHCI Handoff should be enabled in BIOS.
I switched to OsxAptioFixDrv and it solved the first problem
Added argument slide=0
Enabled Above 4G memory/crypto mining
After that I tried all of the USB2.0 ports(even switched FrontUSB1 to FrontUSB2)
and none of them works.

But there is a particular USB3.0 port named "VR Ready"
I am able to boot the installer successfully with this port :D

but my keyboard does not working on the setup screen neither the mouse
So now that its booting to the installer are there any settings or kexts that should be added or removed in order to fix keyboard and mouse and other possible problems?
I will also update the BIOS to v13 and test this again (because there is no xmp in this version)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back