Contribute
Register

Stuck at apple load screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry my mistake!
This time I have done it correctly.
There is a line in verbose that says "cannot read pmu offset from smc"
I think this is the cause of the boot loop (I guess)

Suggested ACPI editing to try in config.plist for current boot freeze

Attachments

• 1.ACPI Patch Adding .png
    1.ACPI Patch Adding .png
    320.5 KB · Views: 409
  • 2.ACPI Patches selection.png
    2.ACPI Patches selection.png
    360.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 3.ACPI Patches adding to table .png
    3.ACPI Patches adding to table .png
    441.7 KB · Views: 397
  • Your CLOVER critical folders /drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other seem to look OK now.
    • I have no further suggestion to edit them.
  • I will take a detailed look at config.plist SECTIONS.
    • In the mean time:

• Please tell us what type of Hard disk is your Target for Mojave?
    • SATA Platter Disk? SSD? or NVMe?
    • I saw in your Verbose boot a reference to Virtual NVMe controller.
  • While you answer that I will take another look at your config.plist_ACPI and see if I can add any fix.
I haven't chosen really :D
I might go with the NVMe But i got windows running on it (Does it work if I partition it? I really don't want to erase it)
But I have 2 more HDD disks (In case it wasnt possible to install on NVMe)

Suggested ACPI editing to try in config.plist for current boot freeze
I loaded up the patches, still stuck
but (Good news!) some of the errors are gone now

Attachments

• DSC07631.JPG
    DSC07631.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 323
  • EFI.rar
    3.6 MB · Views: 81
I haven't chosen really :D
I might go with the NVMe But i got windows running on it (Does it work if I partition it? I really don't want to erase it)
But I have 2 more HDD disks (In case it wasnt possible to install on NVMe)

• I realize you cannot choose until you can boot your USB to macOS Utilities>Disk Utility Screen.
    • You are no where near that screen now.
    • That is what we are troubleshooting.
  • But the CLOVER in your USB Installer will start 'sniffing' for disks attached to all the SATA ports, USB ports and NVMe port and if it cannot overcome any problem will either quit or hang in that stage.
  • My question about your disk was to find an explanation for the Verbose boot screen message.
  • Your above answer prompted me to point out additional problems I could not find earlier as you had not mentioned anything about your hard disks on the System or that you already have a Windows system CONNECTED to the Motherboard while you are trying to install Mojave.
  • REMOVE all Disks from the Computer EXCEPT the Disk for Mojave.
  • NVMe Disk is not easy for Mojave Installation for most Newbies;
    • try SATA SpinDisk or SSD connected to SATA port 0.
  • If you have any other Devices connected to USB ports REMOVE them all EXCEPT the Macos Mojave USB Installer.
  • Try the config.plist_ACPI editing I have already posted in your USB Installer /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

• I realize you cannot choose until you can boot your USB to macOS Utilities>Disk Utility Screen.
    • You are no where near that screen now.
    • That is what we are troubleshooting.
  • But the CLOVER in your USB Installer will start 'sniffing' for disks attached to all the SATA ports, USB ports and NVMe port and if it cannot overcome any problem will either quit or hang in that stage.
  • My question about your disk was to find an explanation for the Verbose boot screen message.
  • Your above answer prompted me to point out additional problems I could not find earlier as you had not mentioned anything about your hard disks on the System or that you already have a Windows system CONNECTED to the Motherboard while you are trying to install Mojave.
  • REMOVE all Disks from the Computer EXCEPT the Disk for Mojave.
  • NVMe Disk is not easy for Mojave Installation for most Newbies;
    • try SATA SpinDisk or SSD connected to SATA port 0.
  • If you have any other Devices connected to USB ports REMOVE them all EXCEPT the Macos Mojave USB Installer.
  • Try the config.plist_ACPI editing I have already posted in your USB Installer /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
I took out the NVMe and all the drives
All i have now is the installer usb a keyboard and a mouse
and i get this when I try to boot
I removed all the drives because all of them are formatted in NTFS and are windows based
should I have at least 1 drive connected to boot the installer?
If so sould I format entire drive? (which format should be used)?

Attachments

• DSC07636.JPG
    DSC07636.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I took out the NVMe and all the drives
All i have now is the installer usb a keyboard and a mouse
and i get this when I try to boot
I removed all the drives because all of them are formatted in NTFS and are windows based
should I have at least 1 drive connected to boot the installer?
If so sould I format entire drive? (which format should be used)?
  • NTFS format is not a Problem if they are not damaged Disks.
  • If you don't mind reformatting them in APFS for Macos Mojave, you should have 1 Disk connected to SATA-0 as the target disk for Mojave. Be aware any data in that disk will be lost for good if reformatted.
  • Let us also make some changes to your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI [ because you don't have NVMe disk any more and the reference to NVRAM Variables in the Verbose boot screen.]
  • If next verbose boot does not improve we can paste it back because we are saving EmuVariableUEFI-64 on desktop before Deleting as shown on the edited image.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVERTree.png
    1.CLOVERTree.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 243
  • NTFS format is not a Problem if they are not damaged Disks.
  • If you don't mind reformatting them in APFS for Macos Mojave, you should have 1 Disk connected to SATA-0 as the target disk for Mojave. Be aware any data in that disk will be lost for good if reformatted.
  • Let us also make some changes to your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI [ because you don't have NVMe disk any more and the reference to NVRAM Variables in the Verbose boot screen.]
  • If next verbose boot does not improve we can paste it back because we are saving EmuVariableUEFI-64 on desktop before Deleting as shown on the edited image.
I removed the two efi files and formatted a SATA disk as APFS.
while it was connected to SATA0 (only this disk was connected) I booted the installer and I got this message

Attachments

• DSC07639.JPG
    DSC07639.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 238
I removed the two efi files and formatted a SATA disk as APFS.
while it was connected to SATA0 (only this disk was connected) I booted the installer and I got this message
  • Since you had shut down the PC and Removed disks from the MoBo and connected only 1 SATA disk to Port 0 and there is only the USB Installer disk on USB port, there is a chance your CMOS settings could have changed.
  • I want you to take another look at BIOS , to make sure it has not changed from the one we have kept to boot maCOS using Intel HD Graphics with your USB Installer as First Boot Device.
  • I also want you now to put back the EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi back inside the drivers64UEFI folder .
  • Reboot and at CBM screen, go to Options>SMBIOS and take a Photo of that screen (to upload what it is showing now).
  • Change the SMBIOS Product Model: to iMac18,1 and take another Photo (to upload)
  • Reboot the System Disk in Verbose to see if it can boot without freeze.

One more thing, try downgrading your BIOS from your MoBo manufacturer website. I had this problem with my Gigabyte board after I updated the BIOS. I reverted back and poof, it was gone.. Worth a shot.

Reactions: JhN
One more thing, try downgrading your BIOS from your MoBo manufacturer website. I had this problem with my Gigabyte board after I updated the BIOS. I reverted back and poof, it was gone.. Worth a shot.

Is OP's BIOS the Latest Version for a downgrade?
Considering BIOS Flash must be the very last resort troubleshoot after all other less invasive steps are exhausted.
If BIOS Upgrade or Downgrade attempt fails for some reason, it is an irreversible Electrical injury to the Board.
One can end up with a damaged MoBo.
Unless you are well versed with Replacing Damaged BIOS Chip [I have done several and lost a few boards] and you can easily get a new BIOS Chip from a Vendor, I will caution against BIOS Flash on a New MoBo as a routine procedure.
You can lose your MoBo Manufacturer Warranty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back