1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
  2. Color Classic
  3. Quadra
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys... followed the main post "UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC" all is fine until Step 4 No. 5... I never arrive at the Yosemite installer. Instead, I get stuck at about 25% of the loading screen (grey Apple logo and progress bar). I let it stay this way for over two hours thinking it was just churning away. No luck. USB thumb drive light stops when the progress bar stops. Not sure what to do from here? Tried repeatedly and now my 10.9 Mavericks hack install appears to be damaged so I can't rescue the Yosemite Installer.

Also, tried -x and the boot flags listed under Step 4 of the guide but no luck. System specs below:

i3 4340
EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti
Asrock Z87 Pro4 mobo
8GB RAM

Any help appreciated! As mentioned I had a working 10.9 hackintosh but want to utilize 10.10 so that it'll recognize my Haswell graphics card.

Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

apologies... and thank you!

I get stuck at about 25% of the loading screen (grey Apple logo and progress bar).

try use bootflag -x or(and?) nv_disable=1 until you successfully installed nvidia web driver.

Hi guys... followed the main post "UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC" all is fine until Step 4 No. 5... I never arrive at the Yosemite installer. Instead, I get stuck at about 25% of the loading screen (grey Apple logo and progress bar). I let it stay this way for over two hours thinking it was just churning away. No luck. USB thumb drive light stops when the progress bar stops. Not sure what to do from here? Tried repeatedly and now my 10.9 Mavericks hack install appears to be damaged so I can't rescue the Yosemite Installer.

Also, tried -x and the boot flags listed under Step 4 of the guide but no luck. System specs below:

i3 4340
EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti
Asrock Z87 Pro4 mobo
8GB RAM

Any help appreciated! As mentioned I had a working 10.9 hackintosh but want to utilize 10.10 so that it'll recognize my Haswell graphics card.

Hi.

I would recommend booting with -v and posting a screen.

The apple boot screen is just pretty to watch. Apart from that it's rather useless for troubleshooting.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back