Contribute
Register

stuck at 100% Catalina installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a read of the read me. Maybe try BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and lose BrcmFirmwareData.kext?
I have OpenCore EFI for my rig, but can't get Bluetooth to work yet, it's the final piece of that puzzle :crazy:

Have a read of the read me. Maybe try BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and lose BrcmFirmwareData.kext?
I have OpenCore EFI for my rig, but can't get Bluetooth to work yet, it's the final piece of that puzzle :crazy:

I read that read me years ago.

I use the kexts for bootloader injection.

If you are using OpenCore, you have to inject the kexts in specific order. I don't know which order is correct. My laptop (which is where I use the DW1560) is still on Clover.

isnt putting all the kexts in the clover/kext/other folder so you dont have to put it in /System/Library/Extensions easier to maintain or something?
im alitle confused on terminology is all in the read me "BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext: Install to /System/Library/Extensions (/Library/Extensions on 10.11 and later). This kext is slightly more memory efficient than BrcmFirmwareData.kext, but cannot be injected by a bootloader." by putting all my kexts in the other folder of clover am i injecting them?

isnt putting all the kexts in the clover/kext/other folder so you dont have to put it in /System/Library/Extensions easier to maintain or something?
im alitle confused on terminology is all in the read me "BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext: Install to /System/Library/Extensions (/Library/Extensions on 10.11 and later). This kext is slightly more memory efficient than BrcmFirmwareData.kext, but cannot be injected by a bootloader." by putting all my kexts in the other folder of clover am i injecting them?

Yes, kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or /EFI/OC/Kexts/ are injected by the respective bootloaders.

Remember, when using OpenCore, you have to define the order in which the kexts are loaded. Again, I don't know which order works with these kexts. I haven't moved to OpenCore on my laptops yet.

Personally, I've never tried using /Library/Extensions/ with these Bluetooth kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back