EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

Just successfully installed Yosemite on my first Hackintosh. After some puzzling I got everything to work including the graphics card.

I just performed a software update through the App store which demanded a restart. Now Yosemite gets stuck in the grey loading screen every single time. Any ideas why and how to solve this?

I use Chimera to boot

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT
Intel Core i7 4790K / 4 Ghz
Dell UltraSharp UP2715K 5K monitor

Thanks,

Hello everyone,

Just successfully installed Yosemite on my first Hackintosh. After some puzzling I got everything to work including the graphics card.

I just performed a software update through the App store which demanded a restart. Now Yosemite gets stuck in the grey loading screen every single time. Any ideas why and how to solve this?

I use Chimera to boot

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT
Intel Core i7 4790K / 4 Ghz
Dell UltraSharp UP2715K 5K monitor

Thanks,
Assuming you are connecting your Video ports of the Video card and Monitor using DVI or HDMI cable:

• First Check your BIOS Settings to make sure they have not changed and remain good for OS X. Specifically look for 5 settings that often seem to change.
  • Make sure they are as shown below:
  • Init Display > IGFX or IGD vs PEG or PCIE [In your case PEG or PCIE for your GTX Titan [for which you may have to install latest Webdriver , until then you may have to use nv_disable=1 and -x and -f] for booting]
  • SATA Controller Mode > AHCI
  • XHCI Mode = Auto
  • EHCI Hand-off =Enabled
  • Date and Time : Current to your Time zone.
Correct any of the above if needed.

• Boot with -v flag and take a photo of any Problem screen and upload the image.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went into the BIOS and changed the settings to those you mentioned. Now there is text going through the gray boot screen when it freezes:

This was a boot with -v
screeny2.jpg

This was a normal boot without -v

screeny.jpg

I went into the BIOS and changed the settings to those you mentioned. Now there is text going through the gray boot screen when it freezes:

View attachment 143858

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

If you have a Desktop, why are you using a MacBookPro8,1 System Definition ?

I suspect it's because you chose the wrong options when you made your Unibeast flash drive.

You have a deadbeef error.

Add -no-zp to your bootflags
or
Add maxmem=4096 to your bootflags
or
Add -no-zp maxmem=4096 to your bootflags

If you have a Desktop, why are you using a MacBookPro8,1 System Definition ?

I'm using Macbook Pro 8,1 because its the only one that supports the HiDPi settings of the 5k Dell screen

Also added another screenshot of a -v boot. Does that one tell more?

Everything worked perfectly fine until i did a software update and formatted my 2TB HDD for extended journaled so I could use it as backup disk

I'm using Macbook Pro 8,1 because its the only one that supports the HiDPi settings of the 5k Dell screen

That explains that.

Also added another screenshot of a -v boot. Does that one tell more?

Yes, your web drivers are no longer valid now that you updated your build.
You should boot with nv_disable=1 and install the current web drivers for your build.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

That explains that.

Yes, your web drivers are no longer valid now that you updated your build.
You should boot with nv_disable=1 and install the current web drivers for your build.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

Please read the Rules :

Thanks, Installed the new Webdrivers for 10.10.4. If I boot it up now it goes past the grey log in screen but halts at a blank white screen just before the login screen.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks, Installed the new Webdrivers for 10.10.4. If I boot it up now it goes past the grey log in screen but halts at a white screen just before the login screen.

It still sounds like Video card issue.

If it is still hanging there, force shut down and reboot and use the following flags:

nvda_drv=1 -v -f -x

once on the desktop, check your devices and their drivers through Apple>About This Mac.System Report...>Hardware

Devices are listed on the Left Panel like Audio/Ethernet cards/Graphics&Displays [just to mention the major ones]

Clcik each and you will find details of Kexts and devices they control and their functionality.

If everything looks OK [especially your nVidia Graphic Card and Display Monitor] then go to

Your Yosemite Hard Disk>Extra>org.chameleon.Boot.plist and open with TextEdit and check if you have nvda_drv=1 is in the string pair of <key>Kernel Flags</key> ; if not, add it like :

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

There could be other flags within that string pair. In that case leave a SINGLE SPACE after the last flag and then type in the above flag between the open and close string pair respecting case and characters sensitivity.
once done, File >Save >Reboot with -v and recheck for any more issues.

It still sounds like Video card issue.

If it is still hanging there, force shut down and reboot and use the following flags:

nvda_drv=1 -v -f -x

once on the desktop, check your devices and their drivers through Apple>About This Mac.System Report...>Hardware

Devices are listed on the Left Panel like Audio/Ethernet cards/Graphics&Displays [just to mention the major ones]

Clcik each and you will find details of Kexts and devices they control and their functionality.

If everything looks OK [especially your nVidia Graphic Card and Display Monitor] then go to

Your Yosemite Hard Disk>Extra>org.chameleon.Boot.plist and open with TextEdit and check if you have nvda_drv=1 is in the string pair of <key>Kernel Flags</key> ; if not, add it like :

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

There could be other flags within that string pair. In that case leave a SINGLE SPACE after the last flag and then type in the above flag between the open and close string pair respecting case and characters sensitivity.
once done, File >Save >Reboot with -v and recheck for any more issues.

It doesn't let me boot with the flags nvda_drv=1 -v -f -x

It gets stuck at a blank screen after verbose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back