Contribute
Register

Stuck After MultiBeast Installation (AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mobile Intel GME965 Express Chipset with ICH8M, 800 MHz front side bus
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5870
Graphics
Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Dear Experts,

I have old laptops and I've tried to install Mavericks on it and it appeared success like a charm using UniBeast.
Now the problem is After I did minimal installation of MultiBeast (just the bootloader) then after that I got stuck at

**AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider

MultiBeast Minimal Installation
Chimera Bootloader
Basic BootOptions
Kernel_Cache

Also I was tried to install Chimera BootLoader only and it still get stuck.

I was trying several boot options but none of them are worked.
-v -x
-v -x -f npci=0x3000
-v -x -F npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=NO
-v -x npci=0x2000

My Specs:
HP Compaq CQ510 Core2Duo
INTEL 965 GME (Driver)

If I'm not installing anything from MultiBeast and tried to boot using UniBeast and point to the HD where I Installed Mavericks it works
even without any custom boot. the problem always happen after I MultiBeast installation.

Any suggestion to fix my problem?

thank you in advance.

IMG_4587.jpg

Last edited:
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Dear Experts,

I have old macbook and I've tried to install Mavericks on it and it appeared success like a charm using UniBeast.
Now the problem is After I did minimal installation of MultiBeast (just the bootloader) then after that I got stuck at

**AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider

MultiBeast Minimal Installation
Chimera Bootloader
Basic BootOptions
Kernel_Cache

Also I was tried to install Chimera BootLoader only and it still get stuck.

I was trying several boot options but none of them are worked.
-v -x
-v -x -f npci=0x3000
-v -x -F npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=NO
-v -x npci=0x2000

My Specs:
HP Compaq CQ510 Core2Duo
INTEL 965 GME (Driver)

If I'm not installing anything from MultiBeast and tried to boot using UniBeast and point to the HD where I Installed Mavericks it works
even without any custom boot. the problem always happen after I MultiBeast installation.

Any suggestion to fix my problem?

thank you in advance.

View attachment 476908
mulitbeast is mainly for desktops

mulitbeast is mainly for desktops

Hi Feartech thanks for the information. if I'm using Laptop what should I used for the post installation.

tanks for the link and I've gone through the link and I could not find any hints for the post laptop installations.

Hi Feartech thanks for the information. if I'm using Laptop what should I used for the post installation.

tanks for the link and I've gone through the link and I could not find any hints for the post laptop installations.
at the top of the link I gave you, laptop guide

at the top of the link I gave you, laptop guide

thanks, eventhough is not helping me and I did not find any clue or hints.. as I said I successfully installed the Mavericks the only problems is the post installation that gave me stuck after bootloader installation.

thanks, eventhough is not helping me and I did not find any clue or hints.. as I said I successfully installed the Mavericks the only problems is the post installation that gave me stuck after bootloader installation.
post 2 of the laptop guide

btw I managed to boot without USB UniBeast by using DSDT Free MultiBeast installation. Something that I forgot to tried earlier..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back