Intel HD Graphics 3000 (1366 x 768)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my USB to boot to the installer on Clover r3202. Through trial and error, I've managed to make it look a lot more like it's on it's way, but I suspect it's having trouble loading graphics.

I'm using RehabMan's 1366x768 HD4000-6 series plist, and made some changes:

1. I'm using the more aggressive DropTables setting, dropping all OEM tables doesn't seem to change anything.
  2. Generate C-states is set to YES (seemed to solve it complaining about no C-State and panicking)
  3. I've tried a handful of different ig-platform-id values (including blank) without much impact - shouldn't matter on HD 3000, right?
  4. Changed SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,1

Pic of the dump from the most successful failure below. I get to this pretty consistently, but it stays here overnight, so I'm pretty confident it's not proceeding.

I've also tried the 1366x768 HD3000 plist, but that crashes to black and reboots immediately after 'DSMOS has arrived' - so fast I can't snap a pic. I haven't been able to start with that plist and make changes that stop the reboot.

Tried using single user mode to temporarily relocate the graphics kexts, but I can't get write access to the drive. /sbin/mount -uw / just tells me "drive is write protected" about a million times.

I've tried a few different SMBIOS names, but this seems to say that it needs to be MacBookPro8,1. Changing it to 9,2 or MacPro3,1 doesn't change the behavior.

The BIOS on this heap doesn't have many options.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I've found threads where people are troubleshooting battery and brightness problems on the same machine, so I believe it can be booted, but no one has posted their config.

Zipped EFI attached.

The exact build isn't in the signature builder, so:
Samsung QX411-W01-US
SandyBridge i5 2430M
HD 3000 graphics
HM65 chipset

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 132
  • 2015-07-10 23.24.08.jpg
    2015-07-10 23.24.08.jpg
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 173
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my USB to boot to the installer on Clover r3202. Through trial and error, I've managed to make it look a lot more like it's on it's way, but I suspect it's having trouble loading graphics.

The kexts you're using are not as suggested by the guide.

And it is a bad idea to use multiple kexts intended for the same device (RealtekRTL8111.kext, and RealtekRTL81xx.kext). Use only one kext, depending on your device. Note: You don't need networking to reach the installer... it is just a 'nice to have'.

You're using the wrong config.plist. Your system does not have HD4000.

If HD3000 configs cause reboot, it could be because you need to Generate/PStates=true.

It could also be an HPET issue, although those are rare.

You can always take graphics drivers out of the equation by using a FakeID for IntelGFX (you can set it in the Clover GUI). 0x01228086 is not supported (it is desktop HD3000), and an obvious non-supported ID is also 0x12345678.

Thanks! I got Installer GUI! Now to try to figure out why the internal HDD doesn't show up in DiskUtil :problem:

For posterity, and the next person desperately Googling for a config on this PC, the answer is:
1. Use RehabMan's Laptop install guide
2. Eliminate Network kexts (Not sure if it matters, but I started that way and don't want to mess with success)
3. Start with RehabMan's HD 3000 1366x768 plist
4. Change to use the more aggressive DropTables
(DropTables --> ##DropTables, #DropTables --> Droptables)
5. Enable: P-States : TRUE
6. Enable C-States: TRUE

In the Clover GUI, OPTIONS-> Graphics Injector Menu
1. InjectEDID: TRUE
FakeID: 0x01228086

Thanks! I got Installer GUI! Now to try to figure out why the internal HDD doesn't show up in DiskUtil :problem:

As mentioned in the guide, your SATA may be in RAID mode. Use HPRAIDInjector.kext.

Thanks - I'm chugging along now.

AppleAHCIPort.kext and some rearranged BIOS settings gave me access to the drive. Now on to some patching &c. Really appreciate the help - it's obvious you spend a ton of time on this community.

Hey Gidwyz,

although it is unlikely that this Laptop of yours still is alive, I wanted to ask if you still use it as a hackintosh machine?
And if so, what is the latest update of OSX you applied succesfully?

Is there a final version of the EFI folder for download available somewhere?
I have the same machine and would like to check out if possible to install OSX on it...
Thanks for letting me know! :)

Hey Gidwyz,

although it is unlikely that this Laptop of yours still is alive, I wanted to ask if you still use it as a hackintosh machine?
And if so, what is the latest update of OSX you applied succesfully?

Is there a final version of the EFI folder for download available somewhere?
I have the same machine and would like to check out if possible to install OSX on it...
Thanks for letting me know! :)

Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back