Contribute
Register

Struggling with ProBook 650 G1 and wake after sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 650 G1
CPU
i5-4210M
Graphics
HD 4600, 1920*1080
Hello,

I am currently running Mojave 10.14.4 on my ProBook.
The installation has been done using the clover hotpatch procedure from RehabMan and works great
2 parts are not working, Wifi (need to order a correct adapter) and wake after sleep.
When I press a button during sleep I notice that the backlight of the screen turns on, but I get no graphics at all, with the brightness buttons I get no result.
The machine itself is working, connecting an external monitor works.
I have tried several ig-platform-id in Clover without success (or should I change the platform id's somewhere else?)
Attached are the problem reporting files, can I get some advise on how to fix this issue?
thnxz
John

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 84
  • RehabMan.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IOreg.zip
    529.5 KB · Views: 53
  • kextcache output.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 59
  • kextstat output.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 67
Just a small follow up, today I tried an Atheros AR5B195 from an older machine with the attached kext and that works fine. Ofcourse that does not solve my sleep mode but it is one step further into my new laptop.

Attachments

• AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip
    657 KB · Views: 44
Hi, have you managed to fix this issue? It works ok on my Probook 650 G1 but it doesn't for one of my followers on github.

Hi Hologos, I am you follower on GitHub :)
As you can see I am still struggling with this part.
Hopefully it is a fixable issue, when the solution is there I will post it

Last edited:
Just an update.
I started all over again with Mojave
Followed the clover hotpatch method from Rehabman.
The same issue is there, but with a difference.
In the past there where also problems with an external display.
This works, when the system sleeps both screens go of, after wake the external screen works, internal stays dark.
When I close the lid with power connected the external display becomes my main screen.
Opening the laptop and the screen stays black, change resolution or refreshrate in the display preferences does not change anything, when I change brightness I see the backlight changing

Hello,same issues here, wondering how the Hologos repo differs from Rheabman's , also jhooge how is your 8570w doing? I have one here, looking to install catalina on it

Last edited:
Hello,
I should change my signature as I do no longer own the 8570w, this unit was working good with high sierra.

For the 650G1, I have tried both options, Hologos repo works good except display sleep, but Rehabman's installation procedure also works fine.
Currently I have lowered the urgency for this laptop, I am currently testing a Latitude 5550

I have the same computer and I struggle with wake after sleep on windows 10, and I haven’t even started a hackintosh yet just thinking about it as my 2010 Mac is having stability problems Poss related to video card and switching the intel and amd card in the Mac.

I have the same computer and I struggle with wake after sleep on windows 10, and I haven’t even started a hackintosh yet just thinking about it as my 2010 Mac is having stability problems Poss related to video card and switching the intel and amd card in the Mac.
I can tell you it will work better than on windows with the rehabman guide

For the 2010 gpu issue there is a software fix that can help mitigate the issue, search for 2010 dgpu fix -
MBP-2010-GPU-Panic-fix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back