Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all!

I'm a long time Hackintosher, I ran OS X Tiger on a Dell XPS Studio of sorts for my first build, and since, I've done everything in between. I'm not as technical as some of you on this forum so I thought I'd reach out as this seems like a very basic problem that perhaps I've overlooked something simple.

I updated to Mojave on my system only to realize afterwards that there were no Web Drivers for my GTX 1070. Bone headed move I know. Well long story short I did a full wipe and fresh install of macOS High Sierra(10.13.6 Build 17G65).

Now I have a few of problems.

1. I cannot update to the last security patch(Build 17G30325) for whatever reason when I download and apply the patch through the app store it downloads just fine, but when it restarts, it begins to apply the patch and shows a loading bar, then it hangs for a few seconds, and then restarts. At which point I boot back in to find the security patch needing to be downloaded and installed again.

2. This is my MAJOR issue I have had trouble with this in the past but through taking care of other odds and ends it's always somehow remedied itself...not this time. I have downloaded the latest version of MultiBeast for High Sierra, for clarity these are the selections I made.
-UEFI BOOT w/o Emulated NVRAM
-ALC1150
-Default FakeSMC
-IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
I made sure to select the boot SSD 'macOS High Sierra' and I'm aware that that is my own naming convention for my disk.

After all this I adjusted my BIOS accordingly to make sure that it was booting from the correct disk, but every time I try and boot to the SSD it just skips the drive as if there is no boot loader at all. This is infuriating, as I can install and boot/run perfectly off a USB drive (created through UniBeast) which is the only reason my hackintosh is operating right now.

3. Minor side issue, the setting to enable Handoff is missing from the general settings pane. Kind of annoying.

Any help for these post install questions would be much appreciated, thank you in advance. I love this community.

-David

P.S Here are my system specs.

ASUS Z87 Sabertooth
Intel i7 4770k OC at a stable 4.3Ghz and Water-cooled on H110i
G.Skill Ripjaws 2400 DDR3 2 x 8GB
nVidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Side Note:
I have a GTX 760 sitting in another PCI Slot, I use it on my Windows 10 side as a dedicated PhysX processor. Not sure if that could be a catalyst for these issues, but itwas installed before I updated and rolled back so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it.

it begins to apply the patch and shows a loading bar, then it hangs for a few seconds, and then restarts. At which point I boot back in to find the security patch needing to be downloaded and installed again.
At the boot screen make sure you are booting the INSTALL partition and NOT the OS.
You are probably booting the OS and NOT the INSTALL.

After all this I adjusted my BIOS accordingly to make sure that it was booting from the correct disk, but every time I try and boot to the SSD it just skips the drive as if there is no boot loader at all. This is infuriating, as I can install and boot/run perfectly off a USB drive (created through UniBeast) which is the only reason my hackintosh is operating right now.
Swap the EFI folder on your SSD with the one from your USB drive.

- Mount the EFI partition of your USB drive
- Copy the EFI folder of your USB drive to the desktop
- Unmount the EFI partition of your USB drive
- Mount the EFI partition of your SSD drive
- Find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the SSD drive and replace it with the one you copied from the USB drive
- Reboot

That worked like a charm, did one boot everything looked great changed the theme of Clover and then a hang during boot. Verbose output attached.
Sometimes this whole Hackintosh game wears on me, but I’ve had it so much worse than this back in the day, using iBoot bavk before I discovered this treasured forum.

Thanks for all the help so far BreBo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back