Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to get this box up and running but the HD4600 is giving me great difficulties. I am on Yosemite 10.10.2 and with an Asrock H97M-ITX/ac mobo. It's stuck on 1024x768, no kexts loaded, and 3 MB of vRAM. The vRAM size in the BIOS is set to auto. Here's my boot.plist file:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

Any suggestions as to how to get around this? Thanks much.

I'm trying to get this box up and running but the HD4600 is giving me great difficulties. I am on Yosemite 10.10.2 and with an Asrock H97M-ITX/ac mobo. It's stuck on 1024x768, no kexts loaded, and 3 MB of vRAM. The vRAM size in the BIOS is set to auto. Here's my boot.plist file:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

Any suggestions as to how to get around this? Thanks much.

PCIRootUID=1 is very likely wrong for your hardware.

PCIRootUID=1 is very likely wrong for your hardware.

Unfortunately, without it the computer will not boot. I have to invoke "-x PCIRootUID=1" to get it to boot.

Unfortunately, without it the computer will not boot. I have to invoke "-x PCIRootUID=1" to get it to boot.

Then you have an issue with your graphics configuration. Make sure you're using a digital connection, have VT-d disabled in BIOS, and have 64MB allocated for IGPU in BIOS.

Also, if you have dual-GPU, you should read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/128226-integrated-discrete-graphics-working-together.html

Using PCIRootUID=1 when your root is not 1 (most of the time it is zero), will only serve to disable graphics injection...

OK, thanks. For sure, the BIOS vRAM is set to Auto because that's what it gets to after loading optimized defaults. VT-d is also disabled and the computer is connect by HDMI to DVI cable to my display. There's only the on-board video, no second video card.

So, even though my Boot.plist has PCIRootUID=1, I can override that at boot with "-x PCIRootUID=0" at startup, right? Or do I need to go in and edit the plist file with vi from the UniBeast USB stick, then save and repair permissions?

So, even though my Boot.plist has PCIRootUID=1, I can override that at boot with "-x PCIRootUID=0" at startup, right? Or do I need to go in and edit the plist file with vi from the UniBeast USB stick, then save and repair permissions?

No idea. To be certain, remove it.

OK, making progress. I set the gpu vRAM to 64 mb and deleted "PCIRootUID=1" from the boot.plist file. It reboots but I cannot see the display. It oscillates between snow and my monitor thinking it's going to sleep. HOWEVER, I can see it just fine on my MacBook Air using Screen Sharing at it is at the display's native resolution of 1920x1200. So, the next step is to solve the snow problem. Do you have suggestions for that? Below is the system report.

Thanks very much for your help.

Intel HD Graphics 4600:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0412
Revision ID: 0x0006
Displays:
HP LP2475w:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: CNC9350VXJ
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Well, the problem turned out to be the HDMI to DVI cable. I put a new one on and now everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again for your help. It was the most significant intellectual hurdle for me.

CM.

Well, the problem turned out to be the HDMI to DVI cable. I put a new one on and now everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again for your help. It was the most significant intellectual hurdle for me.

CM.

My next question would have been if you tested your hardware with Windows...

Nice to hear you have it figured out.

It's funny how sometimes what you think is the most reliable isn't! But I am glad it's working. All is now well. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back