Contribute
Register

Struggling to Install - hanging during USB boot stage - need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Largely because I don't know what I'm doing. The config.plist has remained untouched since I built the USB using Unibeast - I didn't select any graphics options at step 13 of the process as it said it was optional.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

Still hanging at iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Still hanging at iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
I suspect that you are actually booting from a different config.plist.
No more ideas.

Remove the Nvidia card. Try installing it. The same thing happen to me. Once you have the OS installed. Install the Nvidia driver and out you card in. It took me two days of messing with injectors and they never worked.

Did removing the card help?

In short, no.

I switched from the newer config.plist to the one I posted back in post #10/11, as well as the newer one with the nVidia fix. I disconnected the power cables to the graphics card, and set the BIOS to the Integrated Intel graphics on the CPU. I've booted in Verbose, without the nVidia drivers, and with only the FakeSMC kext loading, and still getting hung at the same part of the process.

I am getting a Sound Assertion in AppleHDADriver at line <3593 and 1054> when the iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) respawns, but the messages disappear too quickly to capture on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back