i5 2.6 GHz
Graphics
Intel Iris Integrated
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I would like to Build the strongest Desktop with HighSierra running. More cores as better.
Need:
-Ethernet
-HDMI
-Bluetooth
-USB (any)
-OpenGL

Don't need:
Wireless
DGPU, if the iGPU supports OpenGL. Otherwise yes... need a GPU that supports OpenGL

Does someone know the Processor and the Motherboard I need?

Hello,
I would like to Build the strongest Desktop with HighSierra running. More cores as better.
Need:
-Ethernet
-HDMI
-Bluetooth
-USB (any)
-OpenGL

Don't need:
Wireless
DGPU, if the iGPU supports OpenGL. Otherwise yes... need a GPU that supports OpenGL

If you want to use High Sierra then:

GPU: RX580 gives you HDMI "I am not friends with IGPU"

MB: Z170, Skylake/Kabbylake 4/4 cores; Z370/Z390 Coffee Lake 6/8 cores.

While the Skylake/Kabbylake is what would match a mac that was out for High Sierra it is said that Coffee Lake will also work Per @Jamesbond007! Either motherboard will have Ethernet, USB.

Fenvi HB1200M will give you wifi and BT

Any Coffee Lake is running? There are quite a view. They go from 8xxx to 9xxx
As I read the Z370 has lesser issues then Z390.

Hello,
I would like to Build the strongest desktop with High Sierra running. More cores as better.
Need:
-Ethernet
-HDMI
-Bluetooth
-USB (any)
-OpenGL

Don't need:
Wireless

You can use a Z370 or Z390 motherboard and pair it with a Intel i7 9700K / 9700KF / 9700 / 9700F or i9 9900K / 9900KF / 9900 (all 8 core CPUs) if you want to run High Sierra 10.13.6. In this case you will also need to get a supported AMD graphics card like the RX 580 or Vega 56 since the CPU integrated graphics of the 9th generation Intel CPUs does not work with High Sierra.

I am using such a system (my main system) to post this message right now. My system can run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave / Catalina.

Does it work with OpenCore?
Thanks for your instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back