Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I've been using OpenCore for months in a build with:

- i7 9700k
- ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming (with the wireless card replaced with BCM94360NG)
- Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
- Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
- Samsung 860 Pro SSD

It was working flawlessly, including wifi, bluetooth, standoff, sleep etc. I then got a new wd black nvme and migrated my install to it. It also worked, but the nvme random writes was slower than the Sata in the benchmarks, so I upgraded the BIOS to latest, which indeed made the ssd report faster writes.

After upgrade, I had to re-do the bios settings changes and everything worked. Except for audio. I had a 3 month old AppleALC and only front jack was being detected. I upgraded to latest AppleALC and now not even front input is detected. I see no audio device and AppleALC kext is not even loaded.

These are my boot args: (I did try alcid=21 and alcid=3), which should be supported for S1220A according to https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs
Code:
keepsyms=1 agdpmod=pikera debug=0x100 alcid=1 shikigva=80

I've attached the config.plist I am using. (note that I've redacted my board serial)

Update:
1 - Getting latest Lilu made AppleALC load with headphones (frontal jack) working. But still no back output.

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back