Contribute
Register

Strange YouTube Issue With Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH's Onboard NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon we just want to know WHY it's working on your hackintosh and not on our's. Nobody is against you....:rolleyes::yawn:

It seems you are one of the first which have a working NIC. So can you please help us a bit?
For example can you please post us your org.chameleon.boot.plist?
Then your hnak's kext?
What exactly NIC are you using?

Maybe you can help others to get it working!
Thanks for your help!

That's not what your previous post sounded like...

Boot Plist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And I'm using the Intel NIC on the Z77X-UD5H, can't remember the exact model off the top of my head, but the device ID is 1503 (it's the 82579V) and I'm using the standard kexts that comes with MutliBeast, I haven't done a thing to change anything.

That's not what your previous post sounded like...

Sorry man I really didn't want to be rude. Please apologize it's true that I didn't believed it at first but I also didn't want to sound rude to you. I spent several hours to figure out where the problem is. I think it make me a bit mad...:crazy: So from this point please excuse me.:oops:

And I'm using the Intel NIC on the Z77X-UD5H, can't remember the exact model off the top of my head, but the device ID is 1503 and I'm using the standard kexts that comes with MutliBeast, I haven't done a thing to change anything.
Thank you for your help! It really looks like it's working without any tweaks or so. You only needed the hnak driver right?

I figured out (after some research) that guys which are using your board (Z77X-UD5H) have no issues as well.
So maybe it is something special about your mainboard which cause the NIC to work perfect. (just a guess)

Your board have two Network NIC's right? Someone on insanlynac figured out that mainboards with more then one ethernet interface will work like a charm. Maybe that's why it's working for you? It sound a bit strange but in this case we should try every solution! ;)

One last thing:
Can you please give one more time a bit of information? In which order have you listed your network devices under the option panel?
Is your Intel NIC the first one?

Thanks for your help again!!

thanks alot for the wake up call!

just tested it, youtube is working perfectly.

also tested downloading a ubuntu iso @ 1.4mb/s while browsing the web. works fine :D

heres a screen record of randomly clicked youtube videos

[video=youtube;0D7JntUZCJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7JntUZCJo[/video]

edit- hnak posted the reason as to why the old driver caused issue in ml.
The issue was (probably) that Mac OS X did not check the actual value of UDP checksum once the driver reports the sum is verified - until 10.8.
Intel hardware "complements the payload checksum" ( as written in the original source file) , so it must be undo-ed for the host which re-checks the value for consistency.
I simply disabled hardware UDP checksum and let the OS do it.

:headbang:That did it for me. Everything now works perfectly. Thanks a lot.

Downloaded the new kext and manually replaced the old one in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
Did a reboot. But there is no change in Safari. It still does not play any youtube videos. Also, Wake-on-lan is not working with the on-board NIC (even if I were to enable it in BIOS).

Kind of fed up with the NIC issues with this gigabyte board. I bought the Sonnet Presto board since it is supposed to work natively. However, it would not work after waking from sleep. And bunch of other things would stop working too. Even after I removed it, other ports were still messed up. And App store apps stopped working (would not log in). Had to restore the entire drive from my superduper backup, and now system is back to normal.

Perhaps I'll buy the HP NC360T

pumpkin, use kext utility, as mentioned by Supasso rather than manually replacing it.
did you repair permissions?

wol with this driver doesnt work

Downloaded the new kext and manually replaced the old one in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
Did a reboot. But there is no change in Safari. It still does not play any youtube videos. Also, Wake-on-lan is not working with the on-board NIC (even if I were to enable it in BIOS).

Kind of fed up with the NIC issues with this gigabyte board. I bought the Sonnet Presto board since it is supposed to work natively. However, it would not work after waking from sleep. And bunch of other things would stop working too. Even after I removed it, other ports were still messed up. And App store apps stopped working (would not log in). Had to restore the entire drive from my superduper backup, and now system is back to normal.

Perhaps I'll buy the HP NC360T

I have the Sonnet too but never put my machine to sleep so didn't notice the problem with the card dying after waking from sleep. I tried and have the same problem.

As for the App store issues, that is because you had a different NIC when you originally installed and the MAC address is different now. The way to fix it is to make sure you have EthernetBuiltin=Yes in your org.chameleon.boot.plist. Also, you need to delete all the networking preferences (in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ delete preferences.plist, NetworkInterfaces.plist, com.apple.network.identification.plist) and reboot. Then reconfigure your ethernet settings. After that, App store should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back