Contribute
Register

Strange YouTube Issue With Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH's Onboard NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumpkin, use kext utility, as mentioned by Supasso rather than manually replacing it.
did you repair permissions?

wol with this driver doesnt work

Thanks. I had figured this might be the issue. I used kext utility and the problem got fixed. Youtube is working fine. Thanks for confirming that wol doesn't work. I was going crazy trying to figure out whether it is the card or my router settings.

I have the Sonnet too but never put my machine to sleep so didn't notice the problem with the card dying after waking from sleep. I tried and have the same problem.

As for the App store issues, that is because you had a different NIC when you originally installed and the MAC address is different now. The way to fix it is to make sure you have EthernetBuiltin=Yes in your org.chameleon.boot.plist. Also, you need to delete all the networking preferences (in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ delete preferences.plist, NetworkInterfaces.plist, com.apple.network.identification.plist) and reboot. Then reconfigure your ethernet settings. After that, App store should work.

Thanks for the helpful hint. I guess I will order the HP HP NC360T from ebay now. I will follow your instructions with that card. Multiple people have said it works natively, though I didn't see any specific confirmation of Wake-on-LAN with that card. Guess I'll risk it.

Awesome work Hnak! Now skype is working again! Also no problems with youtube! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thank you hnak and thanks to all of you who tried to help. You are awesome :thumbup:

Now ALL of my build is working lika a charm :D

Finally I can sleep again :mrgreen:

Worked perfectly with Asus Gene v z77 too! THX!

I have a Ga-Z77X-UD5H mother board, and nobody can hear me clearly on Skype. This is really frustrating as I use Skype a LOT. Please help me!!! I don't know whats wrong!

The new hnak is working for me as well. In addition to YouTube, for me it seems to have cleared up even more severe problems with DropBox.

It appears that hank's kext has been deleted from the server. Anybody here have it kicking around and is willing to zip it to me, please send me a private message!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back