Contribute
Register

Strange YouTube Issue With Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH's Onboard NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, I'm browsing multiple pages, downloading at 1.5MB/s and watching two youtube videos at once, no problem at all using the Intel nic with hnak's driver... go figure...

I did install the Atheros drivers too, but this shouldn't have any effect on the Intel NIC

im not getting that issue with the realtek nic, so its definitely related to the intel nic. didnt have this issue on sl or lion.

hnak posted on his thread today, saying that hes going to look into the problem.

im not getting that issue with the realtek nic, so its definitely related to the intel nic. didnt have this issue on sl or lion.

hnak posted on his thread today, saying that hes going to look into the problem.

So how come I'm having zero problems? If we're using the same driver, clearly it can't be driver related.

i dont know why you have no problems with youtube/downloading, but that isnt what im seeing.

it has worked fine for the last 6 months in sl and lion.

Uhm, I'm browsing multiple pages, downloading at 1.5MB/s and watching two youtube videos at once, no problem at all using the Intel nic with hnak's driver... go figure...

I did install the Atheros drivers too, but this shouldn't have any effect on the Intel NIC

That's not the point. I also have the same NIC and the same driver (using a P8Z68 V pro gen3) and my youtube (with flash) and downloading speeds are as fast as in windows. BUT have you ever tried to make a skype call? If I skype with my friends they only hear stutter from me. In lion and windows it's working perfekt ALSO with hnak's driver.

But Skype is not the only program that isn't working. Also teamviewer (a program to control other pcs via internet) isn't working! I lose connection in about 5-7 seconds!

So if you have no problems with downloading and with youtube...that's great but check programs that are uploading related, just like skype and teamviewer.

As you can see I have UPLOAD problems (Packet lost)!! DOWNLOAD is working perfect!:!::!::!:

:!:Attention:!: A speedtest isn't a prove that it's working! You will probably see good results but that's because it's a problem with stability!

Currently I'm using an old PCI Realtek network card. It's working with a kext in mountain lion like a charm. Youtube,Skype, upload, download all working to 100%. But I will be very happy to use my onboard NIC again. Because my realtek only have 100Mbps

VoIP works just fine and clearly whatever I say, is besides to point, so I'm not going to bother with this discussion any more, since clearly it doesn't work for me either... :rolleyes:

Oh and I'm currently uploading at 400Kb/s but clearly that's impossible too...

VoIP works just fine and clearly whatever I say, is besides to point, so I'm not going to bother with this discussion any more, since clearly it doesn't work for me either... :rolleyes:

C'mon we just want to know WHY it's working on your hackintosh and not on our's. Nobody is against you....:rolleyes::yawn:

It seems you are one of the first which have a working NIC. So can you please help us a bit?
For example can you please post us your org.chameleon.boot.plist?
Then your hnak's kext?
What exactly NIC are you using?

Maybe you can help others to get it working!
Thanks for your help!

Thanks, I searched the same video and cofirmed the behaviour also on 82573.
I will take a look on this problem.

hnak's post on I-M today.
hes confirmed the same problem with youtube videos.

its great that some have no issues, but that doesnt mean that it is the same for everybody else, including hnak himself.

its great that some have no issues, but that doesnt mean that it is the same for everybody else, including hnak himself.

Ecactly...;)

Maybe the kext is working and it's just a combination of incompatibly in mountain lion? Who knows?
It will take a while to figure it out. And every information can help us and of course hnak.
I'm glad to hear that hnak is on the problem again.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back