EVGA GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I just recently built a Hackintosh using a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH for the motherboard. I followed Alfa's guide followed by a separate run of the 5.02 version of Multibeast for full Mountain Lion support. I am seeing a really strange issue with the on board NIC. When I attempt to watch YouTube videos, the loading indicator gets stuck in a loop, sometimes for 10 seconds or so before the video starts, and most of the time it just sits there indefinitely. I also notice that the related videos show black thumbnails. I found another user in the Tuning forum that had a similar problem with another Gigabyte board, and his solution was to switch to the other on board NIC to resolve it. In my case there is only one NIC, but I am able to resolve the problem by switching to wireless only.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

I'm using hnak's AppleIntelE1000e if that helps.

I'm seeing the same issue, but only when using Safari. If i use Chrome, it plays fine.

I'm seeing the same issue, but only when using Safari. If i use Chrome, it plays fine.

Yes, I should add it only affects Safari and not Chrome for me as well.

Is there any data that we can collect that will help get this issue resolved? I am still perplexed.

I just went back to using my Rosewill RC-401EX Gigabit PCI-E card since it's supported OOB with Apple's Yukon drivers. No problems anymore and WOL works without causing the system to reboot instead of shutdown.

Excuse me If this question is stupid but what exactly NIC are you using? Because I have also probs with hnak's driver.

I'm using a Asus P8Z68 V pro gen3 motherboard. With an Intel 82579V NIC.

Excuse me If this question is stupid but what exactly NIC are you using? Because I have also probs with hnak's driver.

I'm using a Asus P8Z68 V pro gen3 motherboard. With an Intel 82579V NIC.

I have no way to confirm right now, but it is the built in NIC on the GA-Z77X-UP5TH.

I have no way to confirm right now, but it is the built in NIC on the GA-Z77X-UP5TH.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/301...therboard-review-dual-thunderbolt-motherboard

As LAN chip Gigabyte went with the Intel 82579V, which is an excellent chip.

Baaam! 100% match! We use the same NIC!

I have a big problem with upload with this NIC. On Lion it worked perfect but on mountain lion it sucks.

My skype partners don't understand me because of massive lags.
Teamviewer sessions shut down after seconds.

So there is a big problem with upload related things.
Youtube and all other kind of download things are working very good.

Currently I'm using a PCI network card but it would be awesome to use my onboard again because I have only 100Mbit connection.

Same problem on both Safari and Chrome. Not only on YouTube but also on some web pages such as dpreview.com.

same issue with youtube unfortunately.
switched to the realtek nic for the time being. lets just hope hnak can work his magic on it

Just simply change in org.chemeleon.boot.plst from:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>No</string>

Everything is working as it should now, no wait for youtube, with hhak's network kext in the Multibeast 5.0.2.

Will have the Koutech Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 PCI Express (x1) Card (Marvell) (exactly the same as Rosewill board) next week and will test throughput performance of this card compare to my built in Intel's lan in my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. Any recommendation for the test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back