Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Hi,

I have an strange behavior on my desktop. It happens sometimes, like once a month. I'm not sure what's producing this. Spots appears on my desktop, more exactly on my wallpaper. When i change it, it disappears. When I get back the first image appears again. I leave you an screenshot. Any help are appreciate. Thanks.

mother: Z68X-UD3H-B3
cpu:
i3-2100
ram: 8gb corsair vengeance blue
gpu:
GTX650 1gb

manchas.jpg

That similar to what you might expect if you have a video card that's overheating from being overclocked too high. Have you overclocked your video card? If not you might have a bad memory chip on it or something like that.

I don't have any thing overclocked but my wifi sometimes disconnect unexpectedly wich I think it has something to do with my psu. I have a very cheap 420 psu who came with this case: http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00280RDFU/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21. Do you think the spots may happend because of that? When you say bad memory chip, you mean ram? Thanks

I was thinking that maybe you have a bad memory chip on your GPU.

It's possible that the spots could be caused by your PSU if it's not providing good, clean power. If that's the case then I would expect other problems to occur too. I see that the GTX 650 does have a PCI-e power connector so it could be that it's not getting clean power from the PSU. Why do you suspect the PSU is causing problems?

Do you have clean power coming into the PSU? In other words, do you have a good UPS on your PC?

Yes I have an UPS SAI. This one: http://www.woxter.com/es-co/products/view/793/features/features. I think Is the psu because when I was building my hakintosh I had strange cuts of power. I changed the AC cables through my devices and this not occur again. Them when I plug my wifi adapter (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) does't work well (on mac and windows). i had intermittent interrupts of wifi and the frequency of this interruptions was different on the 2 pci ports, one is better than the other one. Now i feel like when i connect more devices and the hakintosh is more busy the wifi interruptions are more frequently. So I suppose to have something to do with power.

You might want to try a good quality 80 PLUS BRONZE or higher rated PSU of at least 500W to see if that helps. If you might upgrade your video card or if you have a lot of HDD then you might want to go with something larger like 600W-700W. Assuming your PC is using around 350W, under load, then a 700W PSU running at 50% capacity is ideal, IMO.

WiFi issues can be tricky to solve. If you have a good WiFi signal and you drop off of a multiple WiFi APs (access points) both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz then it's likely a client-side problem. If it's only a single router then it could also be an AP problem. If you're connecting over 5GHz then it could be dropping every time your neighbor uses their microwave or you use yours. If so then the solution is to stop using 5GHz or replace the microwave. Unfortunately, I've seen WiFi problems caused by a microwave more than once.

If your WiFi router allows you could trying running only 2.4GHz or only 5.0GHz to see if that helps anything.

Ok. Thank you very much. I gonna try to get a good psu. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back