Contribute
Register

Strange Reboot when opening Photos in Preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core I5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Strange Reboot when opening Photos in Preview. (SOLVED)

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem on their systems?

I have my rig all setup perfectly with a DSDT free Gigabyte Motherboard, using Clover and Yosemite 10.10 and everything runs extremely well.., no freezes etc..... but the only thing that annoys me (and is totally random) is that when I keep opening Photos with Preview, eventually I will double click on any given Photo..., and my machine will instantly shut off, and reboot itself.

Anyone else have this issue, or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

3.3 GHz i3 CPU
16GB RAM
64GB SSD
Geforce GT 640 2GB RAM
Tripple Monitors
600Watt PSU

(UPDATE)

I've since replaced my PSU with a brand new 600 Watt Semi-Modular one.., and I haven't had any random shutoffs or reboots :)

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem on their systems?

I have my rig all setup perfectly with a DSDT free Gigabyte Motherboard, using Clover and Yosemite 10.10 and everything runs extremely well.., no freezes etc..... but the only thing that annoys me (and is totally random) is that when I keep opening Photos with Preview, eventually I will double click on any given Photo..., and my machine will instantly shut off, and reboot itself.

Anyone else have this issue, or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

3.3 GHz i3 CPU
16GB RAM
64GB SSD
Geforce GT 640 2GB RAM
Tripple Monitors
600Watt PSU

If it is instant power off then it may be related with hardware.

Ensure that your SMPS/PSU is capable to provide enough wattage to run the whole system for running in overload situations.

Check your RAMs, SMPS/PSU, CPU FAN/Cooler, All the power connections.

If possible then try to run with another SMPS/PSU.

My PSU does make a hissing sound when I first power up the system..., this lasts maybe 10/20 secs then it goes away....

I am using Mac Pro 5,1 for my profile.... And I'm on 10.10..., I haven't installed any updates yet..
The strange thing is.., it only completely powers off when opening photos..., eventually I will come to one.., double click on it..,, and literally on the second click the Computer goes dead....

My PSU does make a hissing sound when I first power up the system..., this lasts maybe 10/20 secs then it goes away....

If possible check with an another PSU. I don't think it is related with OS X or System Definition or Updates.

I've updated everything etc..., And have replaced the PSU with a brand new Corsair 600w. I'll update if it fixes the problem. :)

Strange Reboot when opening Photos in Preview. (SOLVED)

(UPDATE)

I've since replaced my PSU with a brand new 600 Watt Semi-Modular one.., and I haven't had any random shutoffs or reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back