Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7 3930k
Graphics
ASUS ENGT520
I have a freshly built Hack with a GT520, running ML 10.8.2, and I have Protools 10.3.3 up and running smoothly.

HOWEVER

Out of my large library of QuickTimes (I do sound design for films and video, so I have lots of project files laying around) only 2 will play back in ProTools at a 48k sample rate. In a 44.1k session most all of them play back fine.

All files play back fine in QuickTime Player

I discovered this morning that VLC won't play back any QuickTime files - complaining that my system does not have OpenGL / Quartz Extreme. However I have installed theses kexts :: http://www.osx86.net/view/3258-nvidia_gt520_mountain_lion_10.8.2.html :: including the one for enabling OpenGL and still no love on VLC.

my boot string has npci=0x3000 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes

ANY help very much appreciated!

Did you install the Fermi OpenCL patch from Multibeast?

Untitled.png

was actually just looking at that. will install both those right now and see what happens

thanks

Let me know.

no improvement that i can see

my only other boot string is PCIRootUID=0 fwiw

anything else to try? was reading about EFI Studio but I'm not advanced enough to understand it.

I would try install CUDA, other than than no clue.

I downloaded and installed from NVIDIA but it looks like the whole install is a long process that I can't get in to today.

in the meantime, any other graphics cards I could consider buying to see if they'd work better?

Any supported 600 series.

so a GTX650 would work out of the box with no extra kexts, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back