E6420
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
-I have this screen when computer goes to autosleep
-Every option is default in Energy Saver and Security & Privacy options.
-The machine is sleeping even if apps working, and then it logs the user out. But it is not set to logout after sleep or something. Then when i wake it up, this strange login screen comes up.
Any ideas what can cause this?
-Tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No
-Tried NVEnabler
-Tried DSDT GPU fix
None of these worked.
My system specs is at the signature.
Update*The machine was logging out even the apps running because, Log out after...minutes of inactivity option was enabled under Security & Privacy, I just realized it was enabled.But it does't actually autosleep cause this, it was that "Log out after...minutes of inactivity" option. it is activated and set to 30min and sleep was set to 15 min by default. It actually set to log the system out when the machine is in sleeping mode. So may be this two conflict with each other.
I will try to set the logout less than sleep and see.

-------------------------​
-Solution-
-The time period of 'Log out after...minutes of inactivity' should be set less than 'Computer Sleep'.
-'Log out after...minutes of inactivity' will force logout, quits the open applications so I have disabled it.
-Now I have 'Require Password ... after sleep or screen saver begins' option activated. And 'Computer Sleep' is set to default.
-Tried 3-4 times and everything seems working nice. No strange screen.

-------------------------​
Heres the picture: That trail is appeared when i moved the mouse to that direction.
Strange_Login.jpg

Attachments

• Strange_Login.jpg
    Strange_Login.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 111
Re: Strange Lion Logout Login Issue.

Gordo74 said:
This happens on my mother's 2008 Mac Mini as well since Lion... it is odd.
Thanks for the reply man. :thumbup: That's a good clue, Now i will search on the apple support forums as well.

I had the same issue here, then i tried to hook up second monitor on another port, or simply moved current plug to another port (you can use a converter if needed), then put monitor arrangement in mirror mode to make them in the same resolutions, possibly it came because the graphic card insists to activate unplugged port, which initially is in different resolution, hope this helps.

Navras said:
I had the same issue here, then i tried to hook up second monitor on another port, or simply moved current plug to another port (you can use a converter if needed), then put monitor arrangement in mirror mode to make them in the same resolutions, possibly it came because the graphic card insists to activate unplugged port, which initially is in different resolution, hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I tried switching graphics ports, but issue stil exist, But what i realized right now, i missed the "Log out after...minutes of inactivity" option under Security & Privacy. It was activated. I deactivated it. And now it will not log the system out. But that corrupt screen still exist, I didn't used "Log out after...minutes of inactivity" before, may be it was there all the time and i realized after that option is enabled.
I think that is an lack of ram issue may be. i have 2gb ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back