Contribute
Register

Strange kernel panic after injecting HD 5500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi folks. I have been trying for months now to get my Intel HD 5500 to work. I feel safe to say that I have tried everything! (Many config files, ig platform IDs, RehabMan's config etc). I don't have the common DVMT lock problem that almost everyone has. But I get strange kernel panics and freezes after GPU injection is done (pic 1). You can see the kind of KPs I get on a the other pics. Also, the other strange thing is that it boots on safe mode and I get correct VRAM and screen detection and even brighness control! The laptop is a HP 250 G5 with an i3 5005U.

Thanks in advance!

EDID: You can see an error that says that power management is unsupported. I have fixed that by generating the SSDT.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 358
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 307
Hi folks. I have been trying for months now to get my Intel HD 5500 to work. I feel safe to say that I have tried everything! (Many config files, ig platform IDs, RehabMan's config etc). I don't have the common DVMT lock problem that almost everyone has. But I get strange kernel panics and freezes after GPU injection is done (pic 1). You can see the kind of KPs I get on a the other pics. Also, the other strange thing is that it boots on safe mode and I get correct VRAM and screen detection and even brighness control! The laptop is a HP 250 G5 with an i3 5005U.

Thanks in advance!

EDID: You can see an error that says that power management is unsupported. I have fixed that by generating the SSDT.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thank you for the quick reply. I downloaded OS X from the App Store and created the installation USB on the same machine and tried both the "createinstallmedia" method and Unibeast. I have attached the files you asked.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 177
Thank you for the quick reply. I downloaded OS X from the App Store and created the installation USB on the same machine and tried both the "createinstallmedia" method and Unibeast.

What do you mean by "same machine"? What kind of computer was it?

I have attached the files you asked.

Your config.plist is wrong (it does not have the correct settings for your graphics hardware).
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

ACPI is also not patched correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I mean that the USB was created on the same laptop that I'm referring to this thread now (See my profile singature for specs).
I have not set my GPU settings on the config because I can't boot with them. I read the ACPI patching guide and I successfully dissasembled the .dsl file on the dekstop. So which patches should I use now?
Thanks.

I mean that the USB was created on the same laptop that I'm referring to this thread now (See my profile singature for specs).

How did you do that when it is not running OS X yet?

I have not set my GPU settings on the config because I can't boot with them.

You need to set DVMT-prealloc correctly or use the minStolenSize patch.

I read the ACPI patching guide and I successfully dissasembled the .dsl file on the dekstop. So which patches should I use now?

You're getting ahead of yourself. Get graphics working correctly first.
The ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ and my previous reply.

I have a dekstop PC running Mavericks so I created the USB on that machine first then I re-created it on the laptop. It is running OS X El Capitan and Sierra but without QE/CI. If the DVMT is set to 32MB, I get the Framebuffer panic which is normal. If I set it to 64 or 96, It freezes with those strange panics while booting after the injection of the IGPU. I tried your minStolenSize patch but that didn't work either. If I boot it into safe mode, I get the correct GPU detection and screen brightness control works. I have not touched any of the graphics kexts on S/L/E.

I have a dekstop PC running Mavericks so I created the USB on that machine first then I re-created it on the laptop. It is running OS X El Capitan and Sierra but without QE/CI. If the DVMT is set to 32MB, I get the Framebuffer panic which is normal. If I set it to 64 or 96, It freezes with those strange panics while booting after the injection of the IGPU. I tried your minStolenSize patch but that didn't work either. If I boot it into safe mode, I get the correct GPU detection and screen brightness control works. I have not touched any of the graphics kexts on S/L/E.

You probably forgot to re-extract/re-patch ACPI after changing the DVMT-prealloc option in BIOS.
It is a requirement.
You must re-extract/re-patch ACPI after any BIOS upgrade, hardware change, or BIOS option change.

I tried with a re-extracted DSDT but still no luck. Here I post some screenshots while in safe mode so you can see that the graphics card is detected.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 2.png
    2.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.png
    3.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 4.png
    4.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 218
I tried with a re-extracted DSDT but still no luck. Here I post some screenshots while in safe mode so you can see that the graphics card is detected.

Boot verbose, show photo.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back