4. iBook
  5. iMac
  6. LC
  7. Power Mac
  8. Quadra
  9. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything on this build works fine, Z77N-WIFI with 3570k and 16gb ram, only using the 4000 integrated, as it's essentially just my media player and server now...

One very strange thing though, If I have a PDF, a PSD, A PNG or a GIF on the desktop or in a folder, space to preview works fine... Anything that is a JPG though, it just opens up the quickview, with the blurred BG but never loads... It's not just one or 2, it's every JPG, however PNGS, PDF's and every other file always shows the quickview as expected and I have the option to open in preview etc... It's an older build, but apart from this one issue, everything works fine for me. Don't really want to upgrade to Cat or downgrade back to HS, as I only upgraded it to Mojave this week, and am still gonna need 32bit support. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anything that is a JPG though, it just opens up the quickview, with the blurred BG but never loads...

@Hazzardus,

This is usually caused by not enabling your IGPU and configuring it as headless.
All Intel based Mac's that use a desktop CPU also use the IGPU for JPG previews via IQS.
See the headless section of this guide for more info :-

Cheers
Jay

Apologies, I did try to search, but must have missed it...

@Hazzardus,

This is usually caused by not enabling your IGPU and configuring it as headless.
All Intel based Mac's that use a desktop CPU also use the IGPU for JPG previews via IQS.
See the headless section of this guide for more info :-

Cheers
Jay

Thank you Jay, and P1lgrim also...

I will educate myself...

Last edited:
Just to update, It was a headless problem, but it wasn't because I was using dedicated alongside integrated... I was only using integrated and was using the wrong Mac model... I was using iMac 14.1 and everything works fine now I switched it to Mac Mini 6.1... Just tested it with a few of my Steam games, and all previews work fine also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back