Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
Graphics
Onboard HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, friends!

This is super strange. From the time I shut down my Hackintosh (Sierra install) last night 'till I booted it this morning, this issue had suddenly arisen: When I try to type my password at login, the screen goes black, and then comes back on a few seconds later with no text entered in the password field. It's as if typing on the keyboard promts some kind of graphic "reboot" or something. This doesn't happen when pressing function keys - cmd, alt, ctrl, shift and so on - only on buttons, that input letters/numbers/symbols into the password field. I have tried a range of things to remedy the situation, unplugging peripheals, using different USB ports, different keyboard, different screen connections (DVI/HDMI) etc. I have even tried cleaning the hardware of dust, and checked that all cables were installed properly. Nothing seems to help. And since the issue has arisen without me having made any changes to the system in any way (the machine was turned of during the night), I can't begin to imagine where to start troubleshooting.

I have made a short clip showing the problem. It's attached as a zipfile to this post.

Don't know what to do, because I can't log in and make changes from there.

Really hope you guys can help me out!?!?!

Attachments

• IMG_0095.MOV.zip
    23.8 MB · Views: 48
Please, anyone?

I really don't know where to start, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Could it be an BIOS settings thing? Or maybe some new kexts I'm not aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back