Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Lenovo G50-70 i3 12Gb ram. UEFI. It has Windows 10, Linux and Mavericks installed. I wanted to try High Sierra but did not want to install over my current working Mavericks. I make the install USB using UniBest and tested the boot and it worked (booted to the install screen) so I shut down and swapped the HDD and tried to boot again but this time I got the no entry sign very soon in the boot,,,?

I though it might be a drive format problem so I when though the Windows 10 install and format and tried OSX again same problem. So I though it might be a partition problem as my old drive so I booted a live Linux CD and copied the partition setup I have on my old HDD to the new one including installing "rEFInd" boot manager as I have on the drive that Mavericks is on.

Any one have any ideas?

What I was going to do next was to try installing Mavericks on the new drive or make a carbon copy of the old drive(witch I don't want as I would like OSX to use ALL the new drive.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Lenovo G50-70 i3 12Gb ram. UEFI. It has Windows 10, Linux and Mavericks installed. I wanted to try High Sierra but did not want to install over my current working Mavericks. I make the install USB using UniBest and tested the boot and it worked (booted to the install screen) so I shut down and swapped the HDD and tried to boot again but this time I got the no entry sign very soon in the boot,,,?

I though it might be a drive format problem so I when though the Windows 10 install and format and tried OSX again same problem. So I though it might be a partition problem as my old drive so I booted a live Linux CD and copied the partition setup I have on my old HDD to the new one including installing "rEFInd" boot manager as I have on the drive that Mavericks is on.

Any one have any ideas?

What I was going to do next was to try installing Mavericks on the new drive or make a carbon copy of the old drive(witch I don't want as I would like OSX to use ALL the new drive.

The laptop guide does not use Unibeast.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...40-70-g50-70-g40-70-using-clover-uefi.232823/

Motherboard
Lenovo G50-70
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook