Contribute
Register

Strange graphics issue with laptop display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have overridden the display, it did change something when booting up like I have -v option enabled( the resolution automatically changed), but after boot up same problem as before, nothing has changed. I am attaching the modified override file. You can have a look. Also attaching switchResX EDID dump.

You will need to read about EDID and do some google searching regarding FixEDID to get ideas and what to patch in EDID.

You will need to read about EDID and do some google searching regarding FixEDID to get ideas and what to patch in EDID.
Thanks mate!!! I followed your advice and found andyvands FixEDID tool and it finally fixed my problem :). It didn't seem to work at first. But after a day of trying various combinations, finally got it working. Now, it is again a pleasure to look at the laptop display, I have put up with this for over two months, I am so glad that it is fixed. Thanks again!!

Thanks mate!!! I followed your advice and found andyvands FixEDID tool and it finally fixed my problem :). It didn't seem to work at first. But after a day of trying various combinations, finally got it working. Now, it is again a pleasure to look at the laptop display, I have put up with this for over two months, I am so glad that it is fixed. Thanks again!!

For the benefit of others, you should explain exactly what the problem was and what change in EDID you made to fix it.

For the benefit of others, you should explain exactly what the problem was and what change in EDID you made to fix it.
Should I make a separate post with description of the problem and solution?

Hello, I have exactly your PC with El Capitan and I have the same problem with the color depth, I would like to know what was the combination you used with the FixEDID application to solve that problem, I appreciate your help.

Yes pls explain how you solved the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back