Contribute
Register

(Strange) Clover Boot issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ed. Once again, thanks so much for your time on this.

I sat down and went through what you kindly posted up. I spent time comparing the configs and updating/cleaning mine accordingly. I also updated (0r attempted to – more below) Clover, so should have the latest CC and updated CLOVERX64.efi

So where I'm at now...

After the first attempt to update, on reboot it looked like Clover was booting the latest version as I got a white screen and new icons, as opposed to the old black one. The boot process fell into an endless restart loop so I had to reboot from my clone drive and undo everything on the target drive. It looks like the config file had been corrupted somewhere along the line of updating.

I redid everything (current running EFI folder attached) but now it's back to booting in Clover 4934.

Lilu and Apple ALC Kexts are installed and running, confirmed by Jones IO and Hackintool. These were installed in /L/E, as suggested in '...guidance for Third-Party kexts in macOS'; I found putting them in /kexts/other was not working, even with the correct setting in the config.

SSDT's you provided are now in place.

Issues I am finding:

Comparing to some other Mojave EFI examples I have found, /drivers/UEFI/ is strangely absent of files other than OpenRuntime.efi. Not sure if this is right or not but does seem like there should be something more in there.

Clover Validator is saying: 2021-08-21 13:00:15.253299 You need to update Clover Bootloader to 5135 or higher version. Go to Install/Update Clover, download latest package version, on the installation screen select "CloverConfigPlistValidator". Despite updating, and even using Hackintool to re-update Clover it's still booting in 4934 and I can't seem to shake it.

Both Hackintool and Jones IO are telling me the SMBIOS is iMac 14.2, but CC is telling me it's iMac 19.2. Not sure which is right here, but I am suspecting if I am booting from 'MOJAVE', then the EFI partition on MOJAVE would be the one being referenced, so the SMBIOS should be 19.2.

Sound is still no go.

Apart from the above, the machine's running well. HWMonitor is picking up everything is should and all the USB ports seem to be working.

Again, thanks for your time on this, I think when it's done, i am going to document it for prosperity!

g

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back