Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I have this problem since yesterday. The battery indicator does crazy things like in the screenshots, and the charge LED of the laptop goes from white to orange constantly as the battery status in macOS changes state back and forth from "xx:xx until full" to "battery is not charging". The battery seems to still charge despite what the status says. I tried re-patching the DSDT, although mine doesn't need a patch for working battery status, tried two different HP chargers, did an EC reset and noticed no changes.
Update: It seems that the problem occurs even when the laptop is shut down. LED switches from orange to white every 1 minute...
Update #2: The exact same battery behaviour is also happening in Linux. So do I actually have a hardware problem? Defective battery?

Attachments

• battery PR.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 22.07.54.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 22.07.54.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 22.42.24.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 22.42.24.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 22.47.35.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 22.47.35.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
So I have this problem since yesterday. The battery indicator does crazy things like in the screenshots, and the charge LED of the laptop goes from white to orange constantly as the battery status in macOS changes state back and forth from "xx:xx until full" to "battery is not charging". The battery seems to still charge despite what the status says. I tried re-patching the DSDT, although mine doesn't need a patch for working battery status, tried two different HP chargers, did an EC reset and noticed no changes.
Update: It seems that the problem occurs even when the laptop is shut down. LED switches from orange to white every 1 minute...
Update #2: The exact same battery behaviour is also happening in Linux. So do I actually have a hardware problem? Defective battery?

Did you do an EC reset?

You do have some unpatched multibyte EC fields in your DSDT.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 17.44.47.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 17.44.47.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 95
Like these for example?

I think you will find that SMD0 and SMAA are not accessed, but ERIB comes to mind that was accessed.

The exact same battery behaviour is also happening in Linux.

But I think that is your clue that you have a hardware problem...
Not sure why you're chasing down ACPI/macOS related patching/problems/etc when you have the same problem in other operating systems.
It was why I mentioned EC reset... because if you corrupt the EC with wrong ACPI patching, then you might need EC reset to correct the problem even in other non-hack OS. But if you can repro the problem with Windows and/or Linux all by itself, seems you have a BIOS/hardware problem, not a software problem.

I think you will find that SMD0 and SMAA are not accessed, but ERIB comes to mind that was accessed.

But I think that is your clue that you have a hardware problem...
Not sure why you're chasing down ACPI/macOS related patching/problems/etc when you have the same problem in other operating systems.
It was why I mentioned EC reset... because if you corrupt the EC with wrong ACPI patching, then you might need EC reset to correct the problem even in other non-hack OS. But if you can repro the problem with Windows and/or Linux all by itself, seems you have a BIOS/hardware problem, not a software problem.
Problem solved. The battery was worn out. Replaced it and everything is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back