Contribute
Register

Strange artifacts with GTX 980ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still at yosemite but yes latest cuda. good idea on the opencl i will try that.

Ive been wanting to upgrade to sierra but just need a couple days to figure out how to upgrade. had alot of troubles in the past. im on sabertooth x79

so just add

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Why am i injecting intel and not nvidia?

You do not need inject intel/true. Inject nvidia is not needed neither.

I am still at yosemite but yes latest cuda. good idea on the opencl i will try that.

Ive been wanting to upgrade to sierra but just need a couple days to figure out how to upgrade. had alot of troubles in the past. im on sabertooth x79
NVIDIA's web page says that latest version is 8.0.63, and that it's just for OS 10.11.x or 10.12.x, if you are on Yosemite you must be running an older driver. I suppose your version is 7.5.30, which is the latest with 10.10.x support. Of course you can check at System Preferences, I may be wrong.

Upgrading your system to El Capitan or Sierra might be a good thing to try, although @sombras already said in his thread that he's on El Capitan and suffers the same glitches.

yeah its the latest on the version im runnin. I did a opencl check and besides being slower it did not produce artifacts.

yeah from what ive been reading is people been having more issues with sierra or el capitan than Yosemite.

Im also one of those if it aint broke dont fix it. but definitely want to fix these glitches sucks to have to reboot after a render.

Btw its only rendering. Editing i never have many issues.

so just add

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Why am i injecting intel and not nvidia?

You need to change, Use Xcode or a plist editor not Textedit.

Code:
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
  <key>Intel</key>
  <false/>
</dict>

Same problem here. Its not a Hackintosh thing. I saw this issue in a REAL mac pro that uses GTX 680
It has to do with CUDA drivers and apple.
Its a known bug (for years now) that neither nvidia nor apple wont resolve.
Assholes.
I also suffer from this issue and havent found a fix for that yet.
folllowing ...

Adobe addressed this issue here:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1906706

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back