Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wolfintosh, unfortunately, I am not at my house with Zorro to answer your questions, and I have not yet upgraded to Mojave. I recommend you copy your post to the Mojave Desktop Support forum section.

@wolfintosh, unfortunately, I am not at my house with Zorro to answer your questions, and I have not yet upgraded to Mojave. I recommend you copy your post to the Mojave Desktop Support forum section.
thanks @Stork after some trial and error I managed to boot to the install screen with clover but when its about to finish it reboots before it actually finishes

My Grandson of Zorro with a graphics swap to an RX580 runs Mojave just fine, until it locks up. Symptom is the Disk Access idiot light is on, no winking, hard; keyboard unresponsive, can't wake the display. Sometimes it happens when I'm just typing away in keynote or pages. Initially, I thought it was sleep related, but I've eliminated that. Safari and Safari Networking are the high disk users; can't imagine what they're doing... I'm about out of ideas and beginning to think there's a hardware issue.

Maybe someone has some suggestions? @Stork, got any brilliance to share?

@tkheard, I'm not sure of what's causing your freeze/lock up. Unfortunately, I'm snowbirding and not near the Zorros to test for the problem. I'll check when I return up North at the end of the month. I'm sorry I can't be more help as I've not experienced your problem.

BTW, are you running the Award or UEFI BIOS? I assume you using High Sierra (because I don't think HD6850 is Metal compatible required for Mojave).

I'm running Award Bios F12. I'm running Mojave 10.14.4; I changed out my 6850 for an RX 580.

*Oops! I see I need to change my signature.

ETA: my mid 2012 13-inch MacBook is running just fine. No problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hey Stork, I built mine around your Zoro. I still have a GTX 570 and still running Lion.
I am about to upgrade, I know the 570 won't work with Mojave. Do you have a suggestion as to what os x I should install for my GPU to work ?
thanks!

Hey Stork, I built mine around your Zoro. I still have a GTX 570 and still running Lion.
I am about to upgrade, I know the 570 won't work with Mojave. Do you have a suggestion as to what os x I should install for my GPU to work ?
thanks!
If the GTX 570 needs the Nvidia drivers, you're stuck at High Sierra 10.13.6 since there are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave 10.14.

@Stork - My problems with Grandson of Zorro continue. Seems to be more frequent.
System freezes either with the disc activity light on solid or totally dark. I've been suspecting MB problems for a while. Today, It was failing the memory test at power on periodically. Finally got it booted with my Mojave USB drive and reinstalled clover on the SSD.

If you were going to build one today, what would it be? It'd be MB, CPU, and Memory.
Thanks.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back