Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm down again.

I restarted because of a problem with iDVD and can't get booted back up. I've removed the extra boot entry (there was only 1) and disconnected all drives except for the SSD boot drive. I'm getting stuck here:

ATHR: unknown locale: 21

Any clues?

OK so I restarted it using the USB stick, then edited the Clover config.plist to disable SIP.

I've gone through several restarts since then and everything seems to be OK.

OK so I restarted it using the USB stick, then edited the Clover config.plist to disable SIP.

I've gone through several restarts since then and everything seems to be OK.
Phew! I'm glad to hear the good news. :thumbup:

Do you recommend updating to 10.11.2 at this point?

Do you recommend updating to 10.11.2 at this point?
Yes. I've updated two of my systems so far, and 10.11.2 fixed several bugs plus made my wireless run better. :thumbup:

However, I have not yet upgraded Zorro to El Cappy. But, I am glad to hear that you are having success with El Cappy.

OK thanks for the encouragement. Not sure I'll have time before next week, but I will go ahead and update as soon as I get the spare time.

Had a few spare minutes this morning and successfully updated to 10.11.2.

Audio and TRIM survived the update.

Installed the new NVIDIA web drivers. I read that these still cause Final Cut Pro X to crash repeatedly, so I may need to go back to a previous driver if that's possible.

Is there any way to get USB 3 working on this board with Clover/El Capitan?

Is there any way to get USB 3 working on this board with Clover/El Capitan?
RehabMan is updating his version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Look for it in one of tony's announcements or threads.

RehabMan is updating his version of GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Look for it in one of tony's announcements or threads.

I saw that, but best I can tell that doesn't work with this board.

Maybe a USB 3 PCI card is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back