Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball III Build: Gigabyte Z690 Aero G (Thunderbolt 3/4) - i5-12600K - Gigabyte RX 6600 XT

I updated to 12.6.3, 13.2.1 and OC 0.8.9.

To update OpenCorre, see:

Not yet. I don't know if I need a HD Blu-ray burner, yet. I'll add to my list of things to do to check if I have any Blu-ray DVDs that I was to digitize. Thanks for reminding me.
Ha. I thought you were talking about getting an HD-DVD drive when I first read that.
55F8E305-BA2B-4BB2-8214-3D19C27F750D_1_102_o.jpeg

Hi Stork, I was wondering;

Is there in everyday use a noticeable difference with your other golden build, the Maximus X Z370 / I9-9900K ?
I still enjoy this build after four years, after a recent upgrade to the RX 6800 XT (only in more demanding graphic workloads, this golden build is not as zippy as in everyday use).

Kind regards

Last edited:
Hi Stork, I was wondering;

Is there in everyday use a noticeable difference with your other golden build, the Maximus X Z370 / I9-9900K ?
I still enjoy this build after four years, after a recent upgrade to the RX 6800 XT (only in more demanding graphic workloads, this golden build is not as zippy as in everyday use).

Kind regards
This Z690 build will provide the zip you need, especially with RX 6800 XT. I'm using a RX 6600 XT, and the Z690 build provides almost instantaneously results. Go for it!

BTW, I gave my Z370 with the RX 580 to my neighbor who does mostly music and movie listening/watching. He's a happy camper.

I updated my EFI, using OCAT, to OpenCore 0.9.0 which is a minor update.

See:

For Ventura 13.3.1, I "disable the Device Properties associated with the i225-V" in the config.plist. I now have Ethernet and WiFi, too, via the Fenvi T919 card in Ventura. Wahoo!

Reference:

@Stork In Geekbench 6 GPU test is showing "AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype" which I assume is because my Gigabyte RX 6600 XT Gaming OC 8G has 2 HDMI ports and 2 Display ports. I use HDMI for my monitor. No problems using it and Geekbench performance looks correct. The monitor does go blank for a moment during boot with the Apple logo. Does yours work the same?

Installed macOS Sonoma and OC 0.95.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 1.53.02 PM.png

Thanks to @CaseySJ's Sonoma Installation mini guide, I have Wifi working with the onboard Intel WiFi card. I used the version of AirportItlwm for Sonoma (v5).

BT is not working, yet. (No big deal for me.)

Back