Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

Okay,

First thing you need to do is disable UTBMap.kext and USBToolBox.kext - they are for a different configuration method. You shouldn't have both these and USBMap.kext active at the same time.

Do this and then re-check the USB list after a refresh in Hackintool.

By the way, the USBMap.kext method is not native to Hackintool. That produces USBPorts.kext which I can help with. USBMap.kext is a product of "CorpNewt" etc.

:)
I actually had forgot those were still in the kexts directory; I had used that method initially.
Anyway, I deleted them (and USBMap.kext as well, just to keep things clean with Hackintool) and added USBPorts.kext generated by Hackintool. This produced the attached scenario.

What's odd is that at least one of the USB-C Thunderbolt ports and all of the 2.0 front-panel ports (motherboard headers) actually work, but only a couple show up as active in Hackintool.
I would be OK with this as-is, but I need a couple of more 2.0 ports on the back panel to be active (only two of the six 3.0/3.1 ports work with 2.0 devices). Even after deleting some of the ports which are supposedly not active, to get down to a total of 15, these still don't work at all with 2.0 devices. It seems that the number of "active" (both the ones that show up in Hackintool + the ones that don't but actually work) ports are already at 15. If I delete a couple of the 3.0 ports (there are more than enough), will I gain the needed 2.0 ports on the back panel?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 23.45.48.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 23.45.48.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 40
Installation Notes

Note: I will not post my EFI folder as it's too easy to create.
You just need to take the time with the above guide. It's the old proverb, give a man a fish to eat...or teach him to fish. :thumbup:

@vijaychander

Please read all of Post #1.

Sorry to be so late to the game but I am having issues getting the USB to boot and install Catilina and need help.

I reach the picker (text version) but fail to reach the installation screen.
The last entry in the log is "[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]".
The last entry on the screen is: "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.disk-device-access".
Here are the error lines from the log. (I have attached the log below):
[EB|`H:CHK] Err(0xE) @ GV boot-signature​
[EB|`H:CPM] Err(0xE), (24, 24) @ GV Persistent-memory-note​
[EB|`LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\com.apple.Boot.plist)​
[EB|`OPT:LXF] Err(0xE) @ 'LF​
[EB|`CS:CSKSD] Err(0xE) @ GV 8D63D4FE-BD3C-4AAD-881D-86FD974BC1DF:boot-info-payload​
[EB|`WL:pWLFNV] Err(0xE) @ GV wake-failure​
[EB|`WL:DT] Err(0xE) @ WL:pWLFNV​
[EB|`WL:DT] Err(0xE) @ WL:pWLFRTC​
[EB|`LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel.development)​
[EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49​
[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-02-14T19:28:30​

I have also attached a picture of the screen and the EFI folder (cleaned). (There are extra kexts given I was trying various combinations but you can see they are disabled in the config file.)

I have tried many approaches as listed in this thread to include running the USB on my old Hack.
I believe my settings are correct per Post #1 and the Dortania / Comet Lake instructions.
I am using OC 0.8.8 and the latest versions of the kexts. My BIOS version is 2601 x64 (5/17/22).
I am using the IGPU w/ Thunderbolt disabled. The system has 32GB RAM (I tried with only 16GB as well.)
The hard drive is the Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB. I am using the Fenvi FV-T919.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-02-16-125508.txt
    256 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 35
  • EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 54
Sorry to be so late to the game but I am having issues getting the USB to boot and install Catilina and need help.

I reach the picker (text version) but fail to reach the installation screen.
The last entry in the log is "[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]".
The last entry on the screen is: "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.disk-device-access".
Here are the error lines from the log. (I have attached the log below):
[EB|`H:CHK] Err(0xE) @ GV boot-signature​
[EB|`H:CPM] Err(0xE), (24, 24) @ GV Persistent-memory-note​
[EB|`LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\com.apple.Boot.plist)​
[EB|`OPT:LXF] Err(0xE) @ 'LF​
[EB|`CS:CSKSD] Err(0xE) @ GV 8D63D4FE-BD3C-4AAD-881D-86FD974BC1DF:boot-info-payload​
[EB|`WL:pWLFNV] Err(0xE) @ GV wake-failure​
[EB|`WL:DT] Err(0xE) @ WL:pWLFNV​
[EB|`WL:DT] Err(0xE) @ WL:pWLFRTC​
[EB|`LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel.development)​
[EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49​
[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-02-14T19:28:30​

I have also attached a picture of the screen and the EFI folder (cleaned). (There are extra kexts given I was trying various combinations but you can see they are disabled in the config file.)

I have tried many approaches as listed in this thread to include running the USB on my old Hack.
I believe my settings are correct per Post #1 and the Dortania / Comet Lake instructions.
I am using OC 0.8.8 and the latest versions of the kexts. My BIOS version is 2601 x64 (5/17/22).
I am using the IGPU w/ Thunderbolt disabled. The system has 32GB RAM (I tried with only 16GB as well.)
The hard drive is the Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB. I am using the Fenvi FV-T919.

Please help. Thanks in advance.
Ouch! I've not seen/experienced that before. I'm going to refer @CaseySJ to help you.

@macduck13,

Please try the attached EFI folder, but copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo -> DataHub before use.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 91
@Casey, thank you for the feedback. I have made the changes as suggested.
At this point the system is hanging at the same place, "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.disk-device-access". I will give it more time and check back in later.
... and I will re-check the bios settings.

Thank you.

p.s., I failed to mention I am using the debug versions of OC and the kexts. I will switch to the release versions as another check.

Last edited:
@Casey, thank you for the feedback. I have made the changes as suggested.
At this point the system is hanging at the same place, "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.disk-device-access". I will give it more time and check back in later.
... and I will re-check the bios settings.

Thank you.

p.s., I failed to mention I am using the debug versions of OC and the kexts. I will switch to the release versions as another check.
Even though you're trying to install Catalina, this might still apply:

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 5.33.44 AM.png

How long have you waited?

@Casey, I waited over-night. It never reached the ramrod.

Update: After many cycles and changes, the process continues and now aborts (going to black screen and quiet computer). I took a video so I can catch any error or clue...

The last lines under the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" section deal with coreAudioChannel.ID, aborting after "control.ID: 20, coreAudioChannel.ID = 1 Front Left oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41"

Last edited:
Back