Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

Thanks etorix & Leesureone, reading posts everyone says to follow the Dortania Guide, but everytime I have done that it doesn't work for me. I am going to try OCAT & Opencore 0.8.3 now, hopefully it will work. I have studied the entire opencore process very thoroughly and I have learned much, but apparently not enough.

Last edited:
Is the install guide absolutely correct for the version identified such as 0.7.8? If so, wouldn't it be better to use opencore 7.8 for the USB installer?
It must be your lucky month: Guides are being updated to 0.8.3.

@Capnvideo and @etorix,

Unfortunately, I'm not at our home for the Summer to update this build. Stay tune for later updates.

Yeah! I love it, working on new usb installer.
So, I have a successful opencore Bootloader v. 0.8.3 for my Asus ProArt Z490 Creator. My problem now is that, when I try to install Catalina, it will look as if everything is going perfect. But, when it restarts, it will go back to the beginning, and it will not complete the install. I've tried many time with no resolve. Anyone have info about this problem?

Attachments

• config.plist
    53.9 KB · Views: 43
Hey guys, had some time off this week and managed to figure out how to get the 10G Ethernet card working in Monterey with working WiFi. Hope this helps someone.

1. Update OpenCore to 0.8.0 or later,
  2. Enable VT-D in BIOS settings.
  3. 'DisableIoMapper' set to false,
  4. 'ForceAquantiaEthernet' set to true, (Note: if you stop here ethernet will work but Wifi will not work)
  5. Drop DMAR tables:
    1. Open MaciASL,
    2. File > New from ACPI > DMAR
    3. Remove the following text (Note: there are two 'Reserved Memory Regions' so only remove this one.)
    4. Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 14.40.12.png
    5. File > Save as > "DMAR.aml"
    6. Add "DMAR.aml" to your ACPI folder,
    7. In your config > Add an entry for "DMAR.aml" in your ACPI > Add section.
    8. Add and entry in ACPI > Delete with the following:
    9. Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 14.45.15.png
  6. Save config and restart.

If you followed this correctly you should have working Aquantia ethernet and Wifi in Monterey

Side note: I still can't get the onboard ethernet to work without constant KP's under Monterey,

Last edited:
So, I have a successful opencore Bootloader v. 0.8.3 for my Asus ProArt Z490 Creator. My problem now is that, when I try to install Catalina, it will look as if everything is going perfect. But, when it restarts, it will go back to the beginning, and it will not complete the install. I've tried many time with no resolve. Anyone have info about this problem?
Two changes to make:
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 2.48.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 2.48.21 PM.png

Side note: I still can't get the onboard ethernet to work without constant KP's under Monterey,
That's because you've forgotten to enter the OemTableID in the ACPI Delete rule.

That's because you've forgotten to enter the OemTableID in the ACPI Delete rule.
I'm confused what this has to do with the Intel I225-V 2.5Gb ethernet. Are you talking about the Aquantia AQC107? If so that is working perfectly.

Please post your EFI and I will try to correct it for you.

Back