Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

Hey guys, anyone updated to Monterey successfully?

Asus released BIOS version 2403, dated January 21, 2022.
PROART Z490-CREATOR 10G BIOS 2403
1. improve system performance and compatibility​
2. improve system stability​
3. improve DRAM compatibility​
Which, unfortunately, doesn't tell us a thing about the particular improvements, stability or RAM compatibility. YMMV.

For anyone who wants to get the 10G LAN card to work you will need to add the following kext patch:

com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
Find: 0F84C002 0000
Replace: 660F1F44 0000

Working on Big Sur 11.1

Remember you need to put it in PCIE16_3 and it will disable your thunderbolt ports automatically

Works in both PCIE16_2 (PCIE16_1 and 2 will use 8X Lanes), or PCIE16_3 (Thunderbolt ports will be disabled).
Could you expand on this? Unsure where to do, thanks!

Hey @ctek or anyother Z490ProArt users... any advice on getting stuck in Boot loader (Apple logo with progress bar empty) after updating to Big Sur?

(10850K, Asus TUF 6900XT)

Best!

Hey @ctek or anyother Z490ProArt users... any advice on getting stuck in Boot loader (Apple logo with progress bar empty) after updating to Big Sur?

(10850K, Asus TUF 6900XT)

Best!
@Stork I know you're not comfortable sharing EFI's but any assistance is appreciated in terms of what changes are required for Enabling 4g decoding for Big Sur.

Thanks!

@Stork I know you're not comfortable sharing EFI's but any assistance is appreciated in terms of what changes are required for Enabling 4g decoding for Big Sur.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, I have no knowledge in that area. Let's see if we can @CaseySJ's or @pastrychef's knowledge here.

Thanks!
To enable Above 4G Decoding on Asus, please see this screenshot:
  • Advanced --> System Agent --> Memory Configuration --> Memory Remap --> Enabled
BIOS 08B Advanced - Sys Agent - Memory Configuration.jpg

If Big Sur continues to fail during boot, please press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore boot picker to enable Verbose Mode, then select the Big Sur boot disk. You will see a lot of log messages on screen that hopefully can give us some clues.

Also, if Resizable BAR Support is enabled in BIOS, then you must set config.plist --> Booter --> ResizeAppleGpuBars to 0.

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge in that area. Let's see if we can @CaseySJ's or @pastrychef's knowledge here.
All good! This motherboard has really tested my patience. Very grateful for this community. Uploading my EFI here (without any sensitive info) just in case someone's got the patience to take a stab at what's wrong.
Much gratitude to the community!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 99
Back