Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

Big Sur 11.5 just came out. Easy Pesy update. Two reboots.

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 4.31.30 PM.png

Last edited:
your link is for developer?
So was the 11.4 Release Notes.

So was the 11.4 Release Notes.

2 days ago:

don't think public is out yet?

Hi. Sorry it's really hard to troubleshoot this issue as it's kind of a generic failure that happens right at the start and could be due to many reasons. Are you still using Clover? I'd highly recommend using OpenCore as everyone in this thread is using it and will make troubleshooting a lot easier ;)

Edit: Please tell us your graphics setup (Nvidia, AMD or iGPU)
Hi. So I worked on the switch to OpenCore last night. I attached the log from trying to boot with it as well as my config file. I am using iGPU.

My screen also goes black at the end of the verbose.Have tried both 07009B3E and 00009B3E for AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.2 KB · Views: 55
  • opencore-2021-07-17-142057.txt
    256 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I set DevirtualiseMmio to False in Booter>Quirks as suggested in the Troubleshooting guide. It seems like it went further in the process, but I still see the [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] end.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-07-18-235444.txt
    256 KB · Views: 60
  • config.plist
    28.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Hi. So I worked on the switch to OpenCore last night. I attached the log from trying to boot with it as well as my config file. I am using iGPU.

My screen also goes black at the end of the verbose.Have tried both 07009B3E and 00009B3E for AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Are you using display port or hdmi output? Try the other if you’ve only used one.

I’m a bit busy this week but I’ll diff your efi as soon as I can.

Edit: you are correct to set devirtualizemmio to false

Back