Contribute
Register

Stork's Thunderball II Build: ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator (Thunderbolt 3) - i5-10400 - RX 580

@TripleYoThreat
@Stork
Thanks for the reply. I just ordered the ASUS Proart Creator z490.
I've already done a couple of OC installations, so I'm sure I'll get it up and running, however it would be nice to have a working OC EFI or at least a working config.plist, for double checking and trouble shooting.

Would you guys be willing to share, or point me to the thread if you've already done so?
Thanks again.

Does this Asus Board has CFG Lock in BIOS possibility to disable that MSR can be written?
No CFG Lock setting in the BIOS.

In Post #198 you write to disable the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml if using Thunderbolt.
Is this still correct? If I use Thunderbolt I disable the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml ?
No mention of the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml in Post #198.

No mention of the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml in Post #198.
@Stork
Look under the spoiler in post #198:
Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 22.06.46.png

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 22.06.35.png

so, again:
In Post #198 you write to disable the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml if using Thunderbolt.
Is this still correct? If I use Thunderbolt I disable the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml ?

@Kentsoon, good catch! Back in the day, we were using another technique to get Thunderbolt to work. I am now using the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml again.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 4.15.30 PM.png

Make sure Vt-d is enabled in your BIOS as per the updated Post #1 BIOS info.

Back in the day, we were using another technique
@Stork
Thanks for making that clear.

You wrote in Post #1 that you wouldn't post your EFI Folder, thats fine. But at least consider posting parts of your config.plist. Then people like me could easily read that information from there and didn't have to do 1 million restarts with different config.plist settings, like for example, disabling the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml

Reading the config.plist takes a couple of minutes. Reading #300 Posts whit information from "Back of the days" takes a lot longer, besides the posts contain information that is out of date.
Thanks.

@Kentsoon, will do over the next couple of days. I'll post OC Configurator screen snapshots.

@Stork
From your previous screenshot I see, you're using "OpenCore Configurator".
There's a similiar tool out there, which IMHO makes it a lot easier to update Opencore and all your Kexts with one click ! Even from Linux or Windows :clap:
Downloads are available here.

Hi, since yesterday I can no longer shut down my hackintosh normally by clicking on shutdown, same to restart.
do you know where it could come from?
I also have some problems with the tb3, I have a UAD audio card which is not recognized every time I switch on.
However, I did the usb mapping...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-12-12 à 10.03.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-12-12 à 10.03.24.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 74
Back