Contribute
Register

Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i7-2700K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know as I never tried the UEFI BIOS. There are several Guides in the El Capitan and Sierra Desktop Guides forum sections by individuals that have updated their Z68 motherboards with the beta UEFI BIOS.

Hi Stork!
I've jumped the step to UEFI. Read this post if you want to see how it was. :D
You'd gain some boot time, I think, but you'll probably prefer staying on the safe side, I bet. ;)
And in the end of a week's trials, I definitely stand for Mavericks too! :headbang:

Good job! :clap: Well, I have a saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Since my Zorro builds are getting older, I just keep them where they are for now. Thanks for the link. :thumbup:

Hey! Need help with Z68XP-UD3: it behaves really bad: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...snt-see-the-config-plist.216128/#post-1449265

Does your Sierra sleep well now? Mine makes me take out the battery out of mobo: dual BIOS can't handle Clover sleeps. May I have a look on your config.plist, please?
Unfortunately, my system is at our Summer home, so I can't verify Sierra 10.12.3 operating characteristics. I'll be able to test next month. But, when I first installed Sierra last November, sleep worked. Are you using a DSDT?

I must have missed it, but what's the issue with the USB3.0 ports on this MB in OSx release Sierra? I have to disable them in BIOS to get the system to boot.
See tonymacx86's USB thread > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fixes-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-reference.179201/

Are you using a DSDT?
I've tried both versions: with and without (when using DSDT I had to rename usb ports to EH01 though, later I've found out that it could have been done with Clover, while I re-patched it with Mackie, stupido). Everything functions the same way actually, so I don't see sense in using it, except if it helps with sleep. But it doesn't.

I'll remind you in a month, if you don't mind. Thanks a lot for you help.

Hmmmm. I know I, too, am using the patched DSDT. However, I'll try it next month and report back.

Hmmmm. I know I, too, am using the patched DSDT. However, I'll try it next month and report back.
Wake on LAN has to be disabled in the System Preferences > Energy Saver

Better late than never, I finally got around to updating to 10.12.4 from 10.12.1. Here's the steps:

:ch: First, we have to update to the latest Clover as explained in MacMan's Post. Download the Legacy version of Clover, run the installer and re-boot.

:ch: Because I was updating from 10.12.1, I used the Combo Updater. See tonymacx86's macOS 10.12.4 Update thread for the Combo Updater link. See also my Post #2 in that thread for how to install 10.12.4.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back