Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

@pastrychef hey, I am in need of help once more :oops:. I did fresh install of Mojave 10.14.6 and only way I got it working is when I enable iGPU. I'd like to use PEG only (Vega 56), I am not sure if iMac 18.1 or any other setting I have on clover-plist are anywhere near as the suppose to :(. So I would be really really glad if You could please take a look at my EFI I have attached and make changes that would make this mackintosh alive and kicking. At the moment I have all 3 monitors working but only when using iGPU, as soon I turn it to PEG in bios, it does not boot to os (black screens). My goal is to use BM davinci resolve and FCPX.

Be well and thank You in advance,
PK

You can just use the latest EFI from my Z370 build thread. Disable IGPU in BIOS and change system definition to iMacPro1,1. Done.

Last edited:
Yes. It should be fine for Mojave.

Awesome! It works, my mackintosh have never worked so well!

Only one thing it did while I was sleeping, after every few minutes it went to sleep and then woke up, disconnecting usb drive and it did it whole night, sleeping-waking-sleeping... Should I turn off sleep or is there another easy fix for that :) ?

Thank You, I feel like happy puppy here :)
PK

Hello everyone.
I solved my boot problems with Clover and Crash after sleep, which arose with the update to 10.15.4. I have tried to understand how to manage a Panic report to my advantage and I believe that at least for a couple of little things I managed to do, if only to do some cleaning of drivers and programs that are practically useless when not harmful.

But I'm here to write because I have one question left that I can't find an answer to, and it is a question that is sterttely linked to the Motherboard in this configuration, which I hope for at least someone here has now become an open book.

Since I assembled the Hack I have connected a USB-C hub (those for the MacBook ports) permanently to the only USB-C port on the motherboard, and I feel very comfortable, since it brings me back to convenient location, ports and card readers (the HDMI port I've never used, of course). It has always also had the advantage of being powered even when the computer is off. So I got into the habit of keeping an iPhone charging and synchronization cable always attached, a cable that often sees the iPhone even when the computer is turned off. It has always worked well like this, without ever giving problems.

Now with this update it has revealed the cause of the Crash after sleep. If I leave the iPhone attached, on waking up the crash is assured. If I detach it before waking it up, no problem, and I hang up immediately after waking up.

On all the other ports, including the other USB port managed by the same separate controller (the one that instead of being blue is red), there is no problem. But there is no power if the computer is in sleep or off. So it would be useless to take it as a reference for the mobile phone as I have done so far.

Is there a way to find out the reason for this behavior or even just some suggestions to investigate?

Thanks and good continuation of quarantine to all those who are undergoing it :rolleyes:

Hello everyone.
I solved my boot problems with Clover and Crash after sleep, which arose with the update to 10.15.4. I have tried to understand how to manage a Panic report to my advantage and I believe that at least for a couple of little things I managed to do, if only to do some cleaning of drivers and programs that are practically useless when not harmful.

But I'm here to write because I have one question left that I can't find an answer to, and it is a question that is sterttely linked to the Motherboard in this configuration, which I hope for at least someone here has now become an open book.

Since I assembled the Hack I have connected a USB-C hub (those for the MacBook ports) permanently to the only USB-C port on the motherboard, and I feel very comfortable, since it brings me back to convenient location, ports and card readers (the HDMI port I've never used, of course). It has always also had the advantage of being powered even when the computer is off. So I got into the habit of keeping an iPhone charging and synchronization cable always attached, a cable that often sees the iPhone even when the computer is turned off. It has always worked well like this, without ever giving problems.

Now with this update it has revealed the cause of the Crash after sleep. If I leave the iPhone attached, on waking up the crash is assured. If I detach it before waking it up, no problem, and I hang up immediately after waking up.

On all the other ports, including the other USB port managed by the same separate controller (the one that instead of being blue is red), there is no problem. But there is no power if the computer is in sleep or off. So it would be useless to take it as a reference for the mobile phone as I have done so far.

Is there a way to find out the reason for this behavior or even just some suggestions to investigate?

Thanks and good continuation of quarantine to all those who are undergoing it :rolleyes:

Hi,
Did you install the latest supplemental update to 10.15.4 ? There are quite a bit real Mac users that seemed to have the same problem. The latest supplemental update might solve this problem. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Did you install the latest supplemental update to 10.15.4 ? There are quite a bit real Mac users that seemed to have the same problem. The latest supplemental update might solve this problem. Good luck

Thanks for the reply and the comfort ...
In the meantime, I started to search also in the field of port configuration, even if I already had the SSDT patch and I learned and created a USBPorts.kext which is very comfortable and functional, but which unfortunately did not solve the problem.
In practice now the only solution to avoid the crash after sleep is not to attach anything (not even the empty hub) to the USB-C port which still works very well if I use it.
I collected some panic reports, copying and pasting them on a text file because they seem more legible (before I didn't even know where to go to find them after closing), but now I got annoyed and I leave the hub detached.
My hope remains in a suggestion from some expert (as you did with this too) or in a new update.

Among the updates that are presented to me in the system preferences, only the one called 10.15.5 beta 2 appears, but I have always only used the beta on a separate experimental disc, which is now occupied by Mojave who was the officer, until this one that I use now, it has gone from experimental to official.
Is the supplement you suggest me that (10.15.5 beta 2)?
Where did you read that others also have the same problem with real macs?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply and the comfort ...
In the meantime, I started to search also in the field of port configuration, even if I already had the SSDT patch and I learned and created a USBPorts.kext which is very comfortable and functional, but which unfortunately did not solve the problem.
In practice now the only solution to avoid the crash after sleep is not to attach anything (not even the empty hub) to the USB-C port which still works very well if I use it.
I collected some panic reports, copying and pasting them on a text file because they seem more legible (before I didn't even know where to go to find them after closing), but now I got annoyed and I leave the hub detached.
My hope remains in a suggestion from some expert (as you did with this too) or in a new update.

Among the updates that are presented to me in the system preferences, only the one called 10.15.5 beta 2 appears, but I have always only used the beta on a separate experimental disc, which is now occupied by Mojave who was the officer, until this one that I use now, it has gone from experimental to official.
Is the supplement you suggest me that (10.15.5 beta 2)?
Where did you read that others also have the same problem with real macs?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Bummer, I referred to the latest public supplemental update 10.15.4, but unfortunately that did not work for you. On ******, people with a new Mac Book Pro were ranting that after wakeup, the system froze, restarted or did not wake at all, when a usb c device was connected. Maybe Catalina 10.15.16 will fix al the bugs

Good luck

Hi,

Bummer, I referred to the latest public supplemental update 10.15.4, but unfortunately that did not work for you. On ******, people with a new Mac Book Pro were ranting that after wakeup, the system froze, restarted or did not wake at all, when a usb c device was connected. Maybe Catalina 10.15.16 will fix al the bugs

Good luck

OK thanks...
It will mean that I will wait for something new to come out and maybe I will continue to search, then if a new update will be released, better, but for 10.15.5 it is still only beta 2, so it will take a while before it becomes Official.
In the meantime I have already organized to keep the USB-C connector of the hub (which is short since it was born for laptops) in a comfortable position and the extension that goes on the back door attached, so I only connect the hub when I need it (it has also the reader for the microSD) and I do not allow sleep if it is attacked. Luckily it is not a serious thing, we have a mountain of other USB ports for everything else and in any case it is always an opportunity to have to read around and learn new things, which is an activity that without problems I do not do much.
All for Stork who made this config so functional that for all Mojave's time, he made me lazy without going around reading and never learning.. :headbang:

Goodbye see you soon...

Hi Stork,

The time has come to take the next big step(s) on my Hero (z170) build. Its Radeon RX 580 and Mojave time.

To make it a "hopefully" smooth transition for me, I separated this project into 3 phases. :thumbup:

Phase one: Switching my GTX 970 to Sapphire Pulse RX 580 and stay on High Sierra (10.13.6)
Phase two: Testing a new backup method (CCC plus EFI backup script) EFIClone - automatic backup of the EFI partition
Phase three: transitioning directly to Mojave 10.14.6

But, to be 100% sure and don't mess ups a totally perfect running system, I have a few questions. And for every ones convenience, I split them up into each phase and one after another when a phase is done. Hope this is fine by you all.

Phase one questions:
Reading a lot of thread reg. RX 580 lately, this thread makes me a little nervous:
RX 580 No signal at wake / No input in DPCIManager
Its more or less based on the same Hero build, so may I running into big problem? As far as I understand your posts, I need to do these things to make it running:

1. Backup everything
2. Uninstall GTX driver and (I assume CUDA as well, right?)
3. Update all the kexts. Add Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts to /Library/Extensions/ with KextBeast.
4. Update Clover? If yes, which version? I'm using Clover_v2.4k_r4700 right now.
5. Update Multibeast? If yes, why? And if yes, which version? MultiBeast 11.3.0 - Mojave or MultiBeast 12.1.0 - Catalina?
6. What should I do here? Uncheck them in Clover Configurator?
(Optional) Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4xxx UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers
(Optional) Customize -> Graphics Configuration -> NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers
7. Customize -> Inject ATI <--- For use with RX 580
8. Power down, pull out the old and insert the new card
9. Booting up
10. Open DPCI Manager. Can you please explain, why I need to do this here:
For Sapphire RX 580 Pulse graphics card users:
Run DCPIManager. If you get this result, skip the rest of these instructions as you have an early, macOS supported Sapphire RX 580 Pulse. If you don't get this result, the proceed, otherwise you are good to go.
11.Do I need to make this step, because I'm already running 10.13.6?
I've finally fixed my problem of retaining audio after wake-up from sleep - I'm using AppleALC and Lilu. (MultiBeast v11.2.0+ for Mojave uses AppleALC and Lilu exclusively replacing the Realtek ALCxxxx audio kexts. Be sure to read the Features document which comes with the zip file or on MultiBeast.com.)
There's two ways to modify an existing installation:
Spoiler: Easy Way 1st Part
:ch: You'll need to replace the MultiBeast modified AppleHDA in /S/L/E/ folder. The easiest method is to run the latest High Sierra Combo Update (in this case 10.13.6). (Thanks, @pastrychef!)

Are these steps correct in this order? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Best regards and stay safe
M.

Back