Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

I've only used two monitors at one time (because that's all I have). I don't know what the highest number of monitors macOS supports.
Well, this will be an interesting experiment then. Using your exact build, I'll try to max out the 4 display ports on the graphics card. If everything is running smoothly...I'll add another graphics card...and then another. :cool:

Anyone upgraded to 10.15.2 yet?
Not me. I won't look at updating until 10.15.3 when usually the major bugs have been corrected, and I clean up or upd
ate my 32bit apps.

Anyone upgraded to 10.15.2 yet?

I'm just reading this post now ...
I did the update, after updating Clover (5100 now) and the basic Kext (ALC, Lilu, WEG) to the latest versions available on GitHub.
Obviously after the backup ...
Everything went smoothly without problems, not even in the search for the right drive at reboot (I have 3 SSDs, one of which also with Mojave).
My configuration is the one published here by Stork in everything.
Current SMBIOS 19.1.
No operational problems found.

I'm just reading this post now ...
I did the update, after updating Clover (5100 now) and the basic Kext (ALC, Lilu, WEG) to the latest versions available on GitHub.
Obviously after the backup ...
Everything went smoothly without problems, not even in the search for the right drive at reboot (I have 3 SSDs, one of which also with Mojave).
My configuration is the one published here by Stork in everything.
Current SMBIOS 19.1.
No operational problems found.

Thanks Simon - I might brave it and do it tonight. Any chance you could share your EFI folder?

Last edited:
Thanks Simon - I might brave it and do it tonight. Any chance you could share your EFI folder?

The one attached is the EFI I have in use right now. I hope it is fine for you, as it happens for me.
You must change the name of the system boot disk to what you have (see first image) and re-enter your Serial Number (and other data, if you want) in the SMBIOS page (second image), taking them from those you have in use for your computer.

Bye...

1.jpeg
2.jpeg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.3 MB · Views: 86
The one attached is the EFI I have in use right now. I hope it is fine for you, as it happens for me.
You must change the name of the system boot disk to what you have (see first image) and re-enter your Serial Number (and other data, if you want) in the SMBIOS page (second image), taking them from those you have in use for your computer.

Bye...

View attachment 441796View attachment 441797

Thank you Simon - here is my update.

I got it up and running finally but your EFI didn't seem to work for me - I used my old Mojave one and just changed the the SMBIOS to 19.1. Ive just done a Geekbench score and it is coming up as
Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score

This is Pants! Do you know why I am getting such low scores?

Last edited:

I got it up and running finally but your EFI didn't seem to work for me ....

Is your configuration the same that Stork published in this thread?
I see in your profile that the motherboard is the wi-fi version, and apart from that, how does it differ?
I'm curious to understand why the EFI I use doesn't work for you: can you publish yours in use, to be able to compare them?

Back