Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Yes, I believe the latest versions of Clover and WhateverGreen fixed the IGPU identification.

However, I switched to using iMacPro1,1 with IGPU disabled.

Thank you Grand Wizzard !
Do you happen to know if this is also works with Clover in the latest Multibeast, or can I use Hackintool to check ?

Kind regards

Last edited:
Thank you Grand Wizzard !
Do you happen to know if this is also works with Clover in the latest Multibeast, or can I use Hackintool to check ?

Kind regards

I don't remember... But this one should be good...

I don't remember... But this one should be good...

Thnx !!!

Yes, I believe the latest versions of Clover and WhateverGreen fixed the IGPU identification.

However, I switched to using iMacPro1,1 with IGPU disabled.

Hi Pastrychef,

I was wondering; did you switch to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 because it was more in compliance with your system, or was a (headless) iGPU + dGPU giving too much issues ?
It looks like a lot of hackintosh problems are caused by iGPU.

(I’m hesitant, I have a dual boot, Mojave and Windows 10. Windows 10 also does not seem very fond of iGPU multi-monitor enabled in BIOS + dGPU. Storks guide + SMBIOS 19,1 without BIOS enabled iGPU multi-monitoring seems to work fine.)

Kind regards,

Chimiel

Last edited:
Hi Pastrychef,

I was wondering; did you switch to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 because it was more in compliance with your system, or was a (headless) iGPU + dGPU giving too much issues ?
It looks like a lot of hackintosh problems are caused by iGPU.

(I’m hesitant, I have a dual boot, Mojave and Windows 10. Windows 10 also does not seem very fond of iGPU multi-monitor enabled in BIOS + dGPU. Storks guide + SMBIOS 19,1 without BIOS enabled iGPU multi-monitoring seems to work fine.)

Kind regards,

Chimiel

I explained my thought process a bit on the decision to switch to iMacPro1,1 in this post.

Hello,

I have a problem installing the High Sierra in my hackintosh. I've reached until step number 4.12 in the Tonymac guide. When I choose to boot the system from the High Sierra SSD drive, it throws me back to 4.7, and it begins to install the macOS again. If I wait until it ends and reboot the system, I get the following screenshot, and, if I choose "booting" from High Sierra SSD drive again, it restarts and the monitor goes black.
I had installed Sierra in a magnetic hard drive in the same system and didn't any problems.

Can u help please?

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 114
Hello Stork!!!
Would you recommend better like this ?
Thanks!
If you find the HERO X, go for it. If you want a Z390, take a look at MacMan's TUF Z390 as it's the latest and greatest (IMO). Although he uses the iGPU, you can use your RX 580 w/o a problem.

Yes i found hero x brand new Z370
I checked and i saw z370 works nvram and 390 nvram not working
Only diference i saw is usb 3 gen 2
I dont need that so badly...
I dont saw any big difference!! Are they ?
Thanks !!!
Z370 should do the job for you. Go for it!

Back