Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

@Stork A new Bios update for the Maximus X Hero has come out have you updated your bios to it?
Any issues?

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO BIOS 1901
- Updated uCode for the latest Intel processor.

Yeah... don't know what's going on, all I can say is it is there on mine, and that attached file is the one I used to update my BIOS.

Asus released a new BIOS today, version 2003;

The PEG option as primary display is available again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 23.26.46.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 23.26.46.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Hi Stork,

Could you please share some wisdom;
I was wondering if I need to enable iGPU + dGPU, or can I just use the dGPU / RX 580 ?
Do I lose functions or performance in Mojave, not using the iGPU ?

I have a dual boot system (Windows and OS X),
Asus is advising against it to use iGPU + dGPU in Windows, graphics performance will suffer doing so.

My BIOS settings are:
- Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/Primary Display – PEG
- Advanced/System Agent (SA) Configuration/Graphics Configuration/iGPU Multi-Monitor – disabled

I also did not 'Inject Intel' in Clover Configurator > Graphics.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

Asus released a new BIOS today, version 2003;

The PEG option as primary display is available again.
I can confirm: the PEG Option is back. Now you can switch on IGPU and PEG togegether while unsing only one Monitor connected to PEG. I will test now if the new iMac profile with i9 support plus my Vega 56 works. I hope this turns down power consumption a bit as simple desktop work is done by the internal GPU. At the moment, with the Vega only, some web pages spin the fans up. I think this is a driver issue due to the way Apple Hardware uses both graphic units

BTW: BIOS 2003 starts my system flawlessly. But I did not test much.

Built my ROG this time last year and have had next to no problems with it. Just took the plunge and finally updated to Mojave. After an initial hiccup from me sloppily updating Clover (if you too have just bricked your computer by running the standard Clover update then follow this great guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-clover-update-r4586-disables-os-boot-black-screen.256050/) 10.14.5 is up and running. Just wanted to say thank you so much Stork, this is my first Hackintosh and you made it a total breeze!!

Hi,

Maybe someone could help me out, I have chosen SMBIOS 19,1, using a i9-9900K. If i’d like to use headless iGPU. Do I only need to enable iGPU in the BIOS and use the latest whatevergreen and lilu ? Is it no longer necessary to manually choose the corresponding ig-platform-id, device-id, or to make other adjustments after following Stork's guide ?

Kind regards for any help in advance

@Chimiel, I don't know since I've not upgraded to an i9 processor. I'm still using Post #1's components. @pastrychef has upgraded his processor to an i9, so he can help you. (TIA @pastrychef )

Hi,

Maybe someone could help me out, I have chosen SMBIOS 19,1, using a i9-9900K. If i’d like to use headless iGPU. Do I only need to enable iGPU in the BIOS and use the latest whatevergreen and lilu ? Is it no longer necessary to manually choose the corresponding ig-platform-id, device-id, or to make other adjustments after following Stork's guide ?

Kind regards for any help in advance

Yes, I believe the latest versions of Clover and WhateverGreen fixed the IGPU identification.

However, I switched to using iMacPro1,1 with IGPU disabled.

Back