Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Hi Stork, and others,

I don't know if anyone already posted something similar;

I build this weekend a custom USB SSDT, it works !, thanks to UtterDisbelief.

I have attached the .dsl file and an oversight of the port mappings.
HS1/SS01, HS01/SS02 and HS09 are added case ports (see mobs layout attachment).
Maybe this info can save others time, to get to a working SSDT USB.aml file.
I used 'a beginners guide to creating a custom USB SSDT' provided by and thanks to UtterDisbelief;

Kind regards,

Chimiel

26-05-2019; Sorry folks, to whom it might concern; the .dsl file I attached last week had a typo, the new .dsl file should work / should make a good template.

Kind regards,

Michiel

Attachments

• mobo layout en.jpg
    mobo layout en.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 150
  • mobo port mapping en.jpg
    mobo port mapping en.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 159
  • SSDT_USB.aml
    696 bytes · Views: 91
  • SSDT_USB.dsl
    4.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
@Chimiel, Great! I was going to create an USB SSDT using @UtterDisbelief's guide, but hadn't "gotten 'round to it". I'll try your USB SSDT out, and update the OP with credit to you.

Hi all max X Hero users,

Has anyone noticed (and eventually already installed) the latest BIOS 1901?
I'm just curious to know if they reenabled the options to enable iGPU MultiMonitor and PEG for POST (in reference to post #5170 of this thread).
I'm just too busy (and scared...) to try myself.
Cheers!

Hi all max X Hero users,

Has anyone noticed (and eventually already installed) the latest BIOS 1901?
I'm just curious to know if they reenabled the options to enable iGPU MultiMonitor and PEG for POST (in reference to post #5170 of this thread).
I'm just too busy (and scared...) to try myself.
Cheers!
Hey, I'm using 1901 from day one. iGPU MultiMonitor is an option in BIOS. What would you like to know?

Hey, I'm using 1901 from day one. iGPU MultiMonitor is an option in BIOS. What would you like to know?
Could you check if there is an option like
System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG?
Thanks!

Hello @Stork,
I'm successfully using my ROG MAXIMUS X HERO with macOS 10.14.3 thanks to your guide!
In addition to what you wrote I created my config.plist starting from a Cofee Lake template template done by another guy on a different forum (that I dunno if can be mentioned here). I also created 2 DSDT for both USB energy fix and limit.

Additionally I updated Lilu, whatevergreen and other kext with KextBeast and system is running fine.
Not having a Saphire Pulse GPU (but a MSI) I didn't make the change framebuffer to Orinico - yet.

Now I'm trying to plan my update macOS to 10.14.5 (or later).

Do you plan to create an update post to suggest how to proceed with those upgrade? I read for example that USB port limit is not required anymore..

Thank you again for the great guide and for the support that you might give me :)

@blackdir, I updated using my instructions in Post #2 of the macOS 10.14.5 Update thread in the OS X Updates forum section. See

I'll update the OP shortly. Thanks for the reminder.

Back